Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sc_ajax_message() not working in production environment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sc_ajax_message() not working in production environment?

I'm getting a strange problem with sc_ajax_message. It is working OK in development when on the localhost server - but when I deploy to production the message box appears when it should but just gives a single letter "I" for both Title and message body - instead of the full message.
    The code I'm using in an AJAX onupdate is:

sc_ajax_message('Account Status was updated','Info');

I've inspected the HTML and it is showing correctly when run in development but after deployment the same inspection shows:

" <span id="id_message_display_text">I</span> " - so the message box jut show an I character in both Title and Message.

However the generated php on the live server seems identical to the development generated php. I've even tried manually editing the generated php of the sc_ajax_message function on the development server to "fix" the message by replacing the generated:
    " $this->NM_ajax_info['ajaxMessage']['message'] = NM_charset_to_utf8($sMessage); "
    with:
    " $this->NM_ajax_info['ajaxMessage']['message'] = 'test'; " but it ignores it so the HTML on the webpage still just shows "I"?

Anyone know if this means it must be some incompatiblity issue issue of the php server on the live host?

Has anyone else had a similar isse?

Many Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!
    Last edited by oscarj; 10-27-2018, 01:53 PM.

Since update to 9.2.015 I'm now getting this same issue on development. 9.2.015 and extends also to windows alert boxes as well as the sc_ajax_message() macro mentioned above. For example:

sc_ajax_javascript('alert', 'Sorry! - Spec is currently locked by user:');

gives me a window alert box that just shows "S".

As noone seems to be getting the same issue and my issue now applies to development as well as production so I'm guessing is not php server compatibility issue can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Comment

Working...
    X