Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to add a radio button filter for a grid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to add a radio button filter for a grid?

hello, just started using ScriptCase, and I was wondering how can I achieve this.
    I have a grid application, that displays some data, each table entry has a column called "state", of type BIT, and its values can be 0, 1, or 2.

I want at the top of my grid, 3 radio buttons with the options : all (0), active (1), inactive (2).

So when I choose one of them, it's going to filter the entries showed in the grid based on the "state" property.

How can I achieve this?

From what I understand, I need a control application, and then link this control in my grid application, but I didn't manage to do it, so can someone guide me step by step?

Thank you

so I managed to solve this,
    I created a Control application, with a radio button, then saved that radio button in a global variable,

then I used that global variable in my grid application with a Switch function, to change the statement I use in WHERE, so I can filter the data in the grid.

I have one more question, currently, in my Grid toolbar, there is a button called Filter, that is linked to my Control application, when clicked, it will open a modal with my 3 radio buttons

IS there a way to directly display the radio buttons on my Grid app? And not link them to a button, that is placed in the Grid Toolbar?

So I basically want my radio buttons directly displayed in my grid

Comment

just make your GRID and activate the SEARCH as initial APP and the grid in Iframe.

Comment

Originally posted by nonkelmike View Post
        just make your GRID and activate the SEARCH as initial APP and the grid in Iframe.
        hello, firstly thank you for the answer!

How would that help me? I tried displaying the search iframe above my grid, it works, but it's just a search iframe, what I need is a 3 radio button (open, closed, all) as the purpose is, when choosing a radio option, it will filter the grid entries based on their status attribute (open, closed)

How can I achieve this with the activation of Search like you suggested?

Comment

ok maybe I understood what you meant,

enable the Search as initial app, and from the Search box above my grid, that now appears, remove all fields and create a new one, of type Radio,
          then make 3 manual lookup value, 0, 1 and 2.

Now what I am missing, is how to pass those radio values to my grid??

the field name is 'Filter', so I tried on the event of the search (onFilterInit, onFilterRefresh, onFilterSave, onFilterValidate) to put something like:

[globVarFilter] = {Filter},

then in my grid events, in onApplicationInit: [StatusFilter] = [globVarFilter];
          and then on onScriptInit:

switch ([StatusFilter]) {
          case 0:
          [ItemFilter] = "TblItem.ItemClosed = 0";
          break;
          case 1:
          [ItemFilter] = "TblItem.ItemClosed = 1";
          break;
          case 2:
          [ItemFilter] = "TblItem.ItemClosed < 2";
          break;
          }

but nothing happens, so I guess that the global variable declared in the Search events doesnt work properly!

This is the same setup I have currently with my Control app, I declare a global there on the radio buttons, and pass it here on my grid, the only difference is, on my Control app, being a modal linked to a button in my Grid, I have put this line in the onValidateSuccess: sc_redir(business, filterClosedOpen={open}, "_parent");
          so it redirects to my Grid app, and takes the Radio field into a global variable : filterClosedOpen

What do I need to do to pass the Search variable to my grid ?

Comment

ok I solved this by just adding a code in onScriptInit

switch ({Filter}) {
            case 0:
            sc_select_where(add) = " AND TblItem.ItemClosed = 0";
            break;
            case 1:
            sc_select_where(add) = " AND TblItem.ItemClosed = 1";
            break;
            case 2:
            sc_select_where(add) = " AND TblItem.ItemClosed < 2";
            break;
            }

and {Filter} is the field I created in my Search module!
            Works correctly!

Comment

much easier just using search

* select the field in SEARCH/field (here type_id)
              * adjust settings of this field (radio button/Onchangesubmit/lookup)

thats it

When you change value on grid the grid reloads with the filter

Comment

Originally posted by nonkelmike View Post
                much easier just using search

* select the field in SEARCH/field (here type_id)
                * adjust settings of this field (radio button/Onchangesubmit/lookup)

thats it

When you change value on grid the grid reloads with the filter
                yes that s exactly how I did it, but as my Table parameter to filter is a BIT, it can be 0 or 1, my radio buttons have 3 options, 0, 1 and <2 to show all, so for that I think the only way was to add the code above in the onScriptInit, so I can put a custom WHERE clause in my SQL

Comment

to show all records just set 'DISPLAY TITLE' in lookup. Then you will see a third radiobutton (see my example the first radiobutton no label). If you want label just add txt after DISPLAY TITLE

Comment

Working...
                  X