Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was 7 released to not run into February ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kdriscoll
    started a topic Was 7 released to not run into February ?

    Was 7 released to not run into February ?

    Haven't seen a lot of successful deployments or upgrades.

    Think I will wait till the patches start coming out

    Makes you wonder what testing was done

  • Pfeiffer
    replied
    Because of the knows issues of V7 I'm not working with this version.
    I don't want to be killed by my customers...

    Regards
    Uwe

    Leave a comment:


  • aducom
    replied
    Currently I haven't migrated my projects to SC7. The pilot I did, worked well and had no issues. But reading the forum there are still many issues, some appeared after updating. I think that SC is working hard to address the problems in 7 and I would be supprised if they would update V6. In my experience with other companies, support for an old version is frozen when a new version has been arrived. But I think that 6 is a pretty stable product and the issues we have could be worked around easily. That's why we still work in SC6 and wait for SC7 to stabalize.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kdriscoll
    replied
    So after all this
    Do we think 7 is just too buggy to use?

    Also worries me that 6 hasn't been updated since November

    Thoughts??

    Leave a comment:


  • aducom
    replied
    I agree that if you release that the product should be stable and working. We've been testing more thouroughly now and there are main issues. I don't know if it's because it was released due to a management issue or that a last-minute change caused the problem. I have personal thoughts about the moment of release (just before weekend, we always release our products on monday) and there are so obvious errors that I can imagine the reactions of customers. But that being said, I was just reacting on your statement. Not on the reason behind. I too am disappointed on the situation and am already discussing this with SC. In general: only advertise new versions when a working beta is on it's way (tested by SC and some 3rd parties). This will avoid false expectations, and productstates that don't work. We have offered to take part in the beta program. We're not 'just' reseller. Let's wait for SC to react tomorrow when they need to respond to the bug issues.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kdriscoll
    replied
    I stand by my comments after waiting to reply till tonight, I love scriptcase, could not do what I do for a living without it.

    That being said, I believe my statement about releasing it on January 31st at midnight was not because the product was tested, but because being late was not what management wanted.

    Constructive comments is not what I was trying to relate, it was having a reliable product and making sure the audience increases not decreases.
    With you being a reseller I would think that would be paramount.

    Leave a comment:


  • aducom
    replied
    ** Haven't seen a lot of successful deployments or upgrades. **

    That would be a miracle within 24 hours of release. No offence, but this is not constructive comment. As a reseller I'm currently looking into the product. The only issue I have so far is that the generation times take significant longer due to dropping zend engine. Don't expect that product in the early release phase will be complete error-less. But this is a very premature reaction, I need to dive into it deeper and perhaps there are loads of problems. Only I haven't found them so far.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X