Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Application Behavior

Using SC 9.4.004 on windows 10

How can I stop the auto selection of an item from a search field that is displaying from a database? When I have a search field that displays the filtered contents of a table as I type in it and I hover over the selection it automatically overwrites the contents that I just typed in. Very frustrating. Is there a way to stop this behavior from happening? I want to see the filtered list but as I hover over the list I want to keep my original text until I actually select an item from the filtered list.

Is this impossible??? Anyone?

Comment

i tried the search function in one of my docs but SC is not selecting the onhover the item. Can you show some pictures?

Comment

The first pic is when I first type something in the search field. The second pic is when I hover over an item. As you can see, the search field is immediately replace with the item I was hovering over without me selecting(clicking) item. This behavior is not only on a search application but also on any search field with autocomplete.

Comment

i my grid the select is NOT changing onhover. I use the settings shown in the picture.

I tried deselecting SELECT2 and in that case my grid is reacting like you say.

So my advise it to enable the SELECT2.

Comment

Bummer...that means I have to shell out more money to upgrade since that is a new feature for 9.4. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by odavila View Post
              Using SC 9.4.004 on windows 10

How can I stop the auto selection of an item from a search field that is displaying from a database? When I have a search field that displays the filtered contents of a table as I type in it and I hover over the selection it automatically overwrites the contents that I just typed in. Very frustrating. Is there a way to stop this behavior from happening? I want to see the filtered list but as I hover over the list I want to keep my original text until I actually select an item from the filtered list.
              you wrote you are using SC 9.4.004?!

Comment

Is kind of a complicated story but the short answer is that yes I am now running 9.4.004. Now 9.4.005 (See PIC), but since I made the mistake when I renewed my license(9.3 at the that time) and did not pick the upgrade option, I now cannot use any of the new features that come with 9.4(See Pic). When I tried to correct the mistake, licensing at Scriptcase told me that I had to buy all new licenses to fix the issue. They would not give me credit for the amount I had paid already. I was not looking to get my money back, I just wanted the amount I paid to be credited to the new license with upgrades.They offered me 20% off the new licenses but the funny thing is that on there website they are offering 25% off.

Comment

Aie!!!

How long have you been using SC? If it is already some years SC should arrange something in my opinion.

Comment

You would think. I've been using SC since 2016 on and off. I've already spent ~$2K with them. I waiting for black Friday to get new licenses. Hopefully they do the 40% off again.

Comment

good idea!

Comment

WANT PE_BRONZE, i m planning to sell mine

Comment

Not satisfied with SC?

Comment

Originally posted by nonkelmike View Post
                            Not satisfied with SC?
                            yes not at all with the amount of bugs, undocumented updates with changes not being properly explained and bad help doc

also missing option for have customised code on events for objects

Comment

Working...
                            X