File Permissions on Libraries not inherited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Permissions on Libraries not inherited

I have noticed that when I include libraries into a project that every time I deploy that project the permissions of the files gets lost.
    I have a particular library that I use called “RocketShipIt” and its linux file is required to be marked as “Execute”…. Even though I have it set to that in my development environment when it deploys it gets set back to non-execute and doesn’t work.

So I have this file set correctly in my dev environment: /opt/NetMake/v9/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/conf/sys/libraries/RocketShipIt/RocketShipIt
    Set to chmod 755

But when it deploys to: /var/www/MySite/_lib/libraries/sys/RocketShipIt/RocketShipIt
    On my Production Server its set to chmod 644

This causes it to break every time I deploy with libraries.

I am using the SFTP deployment type, but when I use ZIP deployment it gets even stranger and the permissions are Set to chmod 666 on the same file

I think this is a bug that should be resolved so that the permission of the file in dev should be carried through to deployment.

Thanks.

Ok upon further searching... I guess this is not a "bug" but related to the username on the SFTP or FTP connection that is used. Since I am using a local LAMP linux server that I administer myself I will need to figure out a way to get the execute 755 permission to stick or I may need to remove that file from the Libraries so it doesn't publish it each time.

I think I need the help of the community/forum users to do this.

Anyone understand this issue and have a solution?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X