File Permissions on Libraries not inherited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Permissions on Libraries not inherited

I have noticed that when I include libraries into a project that every time I deploy that project the permissions of the files gets lost.
    I have a particular library that I use called “RocketShipIt” and its linux file is required to be marked as “Execute”…. Even though I have it set to that in my development environment when it deploys it gets set back to non-execute and doesn’t work.

So I have this file set correctly in my dev environment: /opt/NetMake/v9/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/conf/sys/libraries/RocketShipIt/RocketShipIt
    Set to chmod 755

But when it deploys to: /var/www/MySite/_lib/libraries/sys/RocketShipIt/RocketShipIt
    On my Production Server its set to chmod 644

This causes it to break every time I deploy with libraries.

I am using the SFTP deployment type, but when I use ZIP deployment it gets even stranger and the permissions are Set to chmod 666 on the same file

I think this is a bug that should be resolved so that the permission of the file in dev should be carried through to deployment.

Thanks.

Ok upon further searching... I guess this is not a "bug" but related to the username on the SFTP or FTP connection that is used. Since I am using a local LAMP linux server that I administer myself I will need to figure out a way to get the execute 755 permission to stick or I may need to remove that file from the Libraries so it doesn't publish it each time.

I think I need the help of the community/forum users to do this.

Anyone understand this issue and have a solution?

Thanks.

Comment

**Update**

The latest version (9.4.??) fixes this issue by allowing us to select the operating system of the production environment... in my case Linux 64 bit. Thank you Scriptcase team!

Comment

Working...
      X