Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sync application in security module

Hi,

When I tried to sync application in the security module, I still sync those application that I have deleted from my project.

​Is this a bug?

If I understand right you talk about the sec_apps table. If you remove an app from your project the app is still in this table. You have to manually remove the app from the sec_apps table. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

I have removed that app from the sec_apps table but when I clicked sync app again, the app still will appear back into the sec_apps table.

Comment

I tried to search in my project folder for the app name, I could not find the app folder but I noticed there is a file "appname_ini.txt" in the project folder under _lib/friendly_url.

​Anyone can kindly advise on this?

Comment

Iím facing the same issue with one annoying app I created and deleted months ago.. everytime I sync apps it comes back again although I deleted it from the IDE and DB.. so annoying.

Comment

Hi,
            ​Thanks for the clarification.
            ​I have tried to remove all the "sec_" table and delete all the security module.
            ​After which, I redo the security module. Strangely I still will sync back those deleted applications.
            ​I think next time I will just create a test project to do any test application.

Comment

Since SCRIPTCASE v5 syncing Apps never worked for me. It only works when you create a new Security Module, then later it does all kind of garbage activity.
              I notices in the code there is reference to the /fiendly_url/ folder so perhaps this is messed up,... I going to take a closer look at it

Comment

When you compile an application it creates a folder for that application in the APPLICATION subdirectory of your project AND an INI file in the "Application\_Lib\friendly_url" directory. The sync apps utility reads the contents of these two directories and merges them .. then looks for the application in the sec_apps table and, if not found, adds the application to sec_apps and sec_groups_apps tables.

The issue is - when you delete an application, it deletes the folder in the APPLICATION directory but not the INI file in the friendly url directory - so when you sync again, it puts back your deleted applications (although they have no folder).

Version 9.x added the option to "Check if app is published" - if you set this to yes (default) it will ignore those orphaned INI files. If it is set to NO, they will be included.

To cleanup and start fresh:
                Delete all folders EXCEPT _lib in the applications directory.
                In the _LIB directory, delete all of the INI files.
                Delete the contents of the sec_apps table (if you have a foreign key setup it will also delete contents of sec_groups_apps) - you must use delete NOT empty table
                If you don't have a foreign key on the sec_groups_apps table, you will also have to empty that table
                Recompile ALL of your applications (you can see it recreate the folders/ini files back if you watch)
                Run the SYNC APPS utility again

Comment

In fact, when you synchronize then the database is filled with the file structure containing the applications. SC only appends / inserts, never deletes. It has been this way since I started SC. I created a small application for that to delete them from the security tables. Not a nice solution, but very effective ;-)
                  Albert Drent
                  aducom software netherlands
                  scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
                  www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
                  X