Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uegent: How to backup all projects from Netmake folder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uegent: How to backup all projects from Netmake folder?

Hello,
    I am facing a critical situation, the HDD is going to die and i can not access SC, the only available option for me now is to copy files/folders, can i make full backup for my projects manually? if the answer is Yes, How?
    Please advice.

Thanks
    Scriptcase V8.1 Enterprise Edition.

I've been in your position. All your projects are in the database file, nm_scriptcase.db, under the scriptcase\devel\conf\scriptcase folder.

I'm not sure about if supporting files like images, templates, etc., are stored in the DB file too. But you could try this:

Install Scriptcase in a new disk or PC. Migrate your license to the new installation (you can do this in the Scriptcase site, you will receive a new serial number and the old one will be invalidated), and then replace the nm_scriptcase.db file with your backed up file.

Let us know how it goes!

Comment

If you are still able to copy then do a full binary copy of your sc folder. If you a binary restore on a different disk then you're ready to continue. But only if you can do a full binary copy of course ( the full V9.1 xcopy)
      Albert Drent
      aducom software netherlands
      scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
      www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

tfertil Thank you so much for your help, just finished preparing the second HDD (OS & Software) and I will try what you suggest and hope everything going well.
        aducom Thank you so much Albert, I do not know how to make binary copy and how to restore it after the copy finished, also I am wondering if this can work in different version of windows (my old HDD working on Windows 7 32bit and my new HDD working on Windows 10 64bit), please advice. Thanks
        Scriptcase V8.1 Enterprise Edition.

Comment

You create a binary backup by selecting the root of the sc installation and control-c to copy, control-p to put it elsewhere. It's just a regular copy of a full-tree directory.
          Albert Drent
          aducom software netherlands
          scriptcase partner, reseller, support and (turn-key) development
          www.scriptcase.eu / www.scriptcase.nl

Comment

Working...
          X