• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treat INTEGER in VARCHAR field as STRING

I have a smal problem.

I have a simple table with 2 field: ID, field1
    ID is autonumbering
    Field1 is a VARCHAR field containing small data used in a LOOKUP.

1 = E1
    2 = NO
    3 = 2

So far so good.

But when displaying this data in a Calendar the lookup not shown correctly with the value 'looking' like an INTEGER. So in this case ID 3 is show an incorrect value (in my project the first value with alfabetic characters). When the idexes 1,2 are use to look up a value, the lookup is correct.

So SC9 is treating the '2' value of the field as an INTEGER. When i put a underscore before the '2' and making the fieldvalue '_2' (so a STRING!) everything works fine.

So the problem is the fact that SC treats this value as a INTEGER.

Even more weird is the fact that in all other apps the problem does not appear. So in FORMS/GRIDS the lookup is correct even with the '2' value.

Im using mysql
    So i tried using CASE to define the type of value = not working.

Any suggestion? or is this a BUG?

Can you show The SQL statement for your lookup?

Comment

Hello
      i work mostly with varchar and i use this to define if i find integers in the field:

$ref_val = trim (str_replace (",", ".", strtoupper ({value})));

$out = preg_replace ('~ \ D ~', '', $ref_val);
      if (is_numeric ($out))
      {$answer = "there are numbers in this chain";}
      else
      {$answer = "this string is only composed of letters";}
      nicolas

Comment

SQL is very simple
        SELECT id, dienst
        FROM tbldiensten

The strange thing is that with other types of APPs it does work. Only the calendarAPP is having problems
        Meanwhile I found out the problem only appears when i use the DESCRIPTION field in the calendar.

So description with INTEGER = incorrect result. DESCRIPTION with VARCHAR = correct result.

So i guess it's a bug

Comment

some images

Comment

according to the format seen in the picture 1, 0 is replaced by a '_', as it is of the varchar, it waits '02', normal that it accepts of the varchar, to integer why not date_format ()
            %d Day of the month as a numeric value (01 to 31)
            %e Day of the month as a numeric value (0 to 31), assumption only,

Comment

The error is not in the description (2nd line). Second shows the correct value, a '2' - not using description. First picture an incorrect value of the first line (should be '2') from the moment i add the description line in calendar view. But only when the value of the first can be interpreted as an INTEGER

Some more explanation with every ,ext picture

Comment

It is a BUG in de calendarAPP but I found a workaround for people who might need it

Just put a character in your lookup using CONCAT but in HEX SELECT id, concat(UNHEX('0020'), FIELD) FROM table ORDER BY.....

HEXvalue 0020 is a SPACE

Anyway SC should solve this BUG

Comment

that's why I use TRIM and STRTOLOWER very often in the case of a varchar, and have to think the opposite also, good luck

Comment

Working...
                  X