• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giu
    started a topic How to upgrade SC

How to upgrade SC

Hi all,

Because SC 8.1 will release soon, I would like to show you some tips to upgrade SC version.

SC is a big project and some updates comes with bugs, or features don't working. A good tip to upgrade SC safe, because there isn't step back, is:

When SC asks for update to a new version:
    1. NEVER update directly.
    2. Backup your projects.
    3. Stop SC service, and do a complete copy of Scriptcase folder inside wwwroot folder. app (generated projects) and tmp folders are not needed (1)(2).
    4. Once you have your SC folder safe, then update. Generate your project, and test if it's working as expected.
    5. If something goes wrong (bug, or whatever), go to Crash. If all it's ok, enjoy new version.

CRASH
    For multiple possibilities, after you upgrade SC, you can get unexpected results. Some bug appears and your project stops working as expected, and so on. If you followed above steps, you can "rollback".
    1. Rename your scriptcase folder.
    2. Copy your previous SC installation again, inside wwwroot folder and rename to scriptcase or whatever name you used.
    3. Enjoy again your prior version of SC.

Notes to take into consideration
    - IMPORTANT You can't restore a project from a generated/deployed project. SC projects definitions are stored in database as records, and what you use to deploy/test, are PHP generated, and this step is one way only. You can generate from the project inside SC, but you can't get a project from the generated code. There are 1 way to restore a project, from a project export(3)

(1) App folder is where SC generates the code to test in dev. If you haven't any code inside out of SC apps, then you can delete without problems. If you have some external libs/files, remember this is not backed up with your project and needs be copied manually. tmp folder is the folder used by SC to store backups to download, and generated JS to use inside projects. As his name, is a temporary folder, safe to be empty.
    (2) BTW, is just needed to backup sqlite (or other if you use manual installation) database used by SC, but due to differents versions and so on, is faster a complete bacakup.
    (3) Obviously If you keep safe main SC database, then inside is your project, and can be restored too (because you can restore a complete SC installation)
    Last edited by Giu; 07-15-2015, 12:15 PM.

• scriptcaser
    replied
    Originally posted by Giu View Post
    Hi all,
    Notes to take into consideration
    - IMPORTANT You can't restore a project from a generated/deployed project. SC projects definitions are stored in database as records, and what you use to deploy/test, are PHP generated, and this step is one way only. You can generate from the project inside SC, but you can't get a project from the generated code. There are 1 way to restore a project, from a project export(3)

(1) App folder is where SC generates the code to test in dev. If you haven't any code inside out of SC apps, then you can delete without problems. If you have some external libs/files, remember this is not backed up with your project and needs be copied manually. tmp folder is the folder used by SC to store backups to download, and generated JS to use inside projects. As his name, is a temporary folder, safe to be empty.
    (2) BTW, is just needed to backup sqlite (or other if you use manual installation) database used by SC, but due to differents versions and so on, is faster a complete bacakup.
    (3) Obviously If you keep safe main SC database, then inside is your project, and can be restored too (because you can restore a complete SC installation)
    ​I think additionally, until the new version is confirmed stable/ satisfactorily tested, its better to develop new apps/ make changes on the old SC version and imported into the new. If you have to revert to the old SC version, anything developed on the new version will be lost (have to be re-programmed on old version.) Or has you not had this problem?

Leave a comment:

• aducom
    replied
    No, to be sure you need to make a full binary backup of your scriptcase folder under netmake.

Leave a comment:

• mhanu70
    replied
    Ok. From now on I will make a full backup of my projects using the built in function and I will also make a copy of wwwroot/scriptcase folder.
    In case of problems, is it enough to put the old scriptcase folder at its place overwritting the new one?
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• aducom
    replied
    I only have one recommendation. Since you cannot go easily back to the old version I recommend to create a full binary backup of your sc folder. If something goes wrong you can always revert back. Unfortunately we have had samples of updates that did not went well. Of course SC fixes it asap, but it's a burdon never-the-less. We always do this on any update, tiny or big.

Leave a comment:

• mhanu70
    replied
    So let me get this straight:
    i am now running 8.1.041 version.

i generally follow inidications and go in help menu-->update version and so on.

should i trust this procedure when i see the message frog sc when i log in telling me that there is an update?
    what you suggested applies for every update or just major ones?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• MohMiro
    replied
    Thanks Gui, will do..... Just thought it is related to upgrading ...

Rgrds

Leave a comment:

• aducom
    replied
    No, you can use php 5.4 although I don't recommend that. But you cannot use php 7 (yet).

Leave a comment:

• Giu
    replied
    Originally posted by MohMiro View Post
    Hi Team,

I wish I had this info before upgrading although most of the direct updates have worked with no problems. In fact I once backed-up my project and restored and was shocked that I lost all my layout formatting. I had to repeat all my forms.

However, following upgrade to version 8.1.039 I experienced many problems with dates upon generating source code. The following is an abstract;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v81\wwwroot\scriptcase\app\AutoGUser s\form_valuations\form_valuations_apl.php on line 6335

$comando_multiul = "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM valuations_photos WHERE p_val_id = " . $this->id . "";
    $_SESSION['scriptcase']['sc_sql_ult_comando'] = $comando_multiul;
    $this->trans_date = $old_value_trans_date;
    $this->expirydate = $old_value_expirydate;
    $this->valuation_fee = $old_value_valuation_fee;
    $this->datereg = $old_value_datereg;
    $this->id = $old_value_id;
    $this->marketvalue = $old_value_marketvalue;
    $this->windscreenvalue = $old_value_windscreenvalue;
    $this->radiovalue = $old_value_radiovalue;
    $this->tyres_nearfront = $old_value_tyres_nearfront;
    $this->tyres_offfront = $old_value_tyres_offfront;
    $this->tyres_nearrear = $old_value_tyres_nearrear;
    $this->tyres_offrear = $old_value_tyres_offrear;
    $this->insert_date = $old_value_insert_date;
    $this->insert_date_hora = $old_value_insert_date_hora = ; <=NOTICE THIS, this is line 6335
    $this->edit_date = $old_value_edit_date;
    $this->edit_date_hora = $old_value_edit_date_hora = ; <=NOTICE THIS
    $rs_mu = $this->Db->Execute($comando_multiul);

Kindly what is the work-around for this? Its happening to most of my transactions forms and remember that I have not made any changes to the forms. I cannot deploy to production

Thnx & KRgrds

Moh.
    Please, create a new thread for your doubt. There are a thread reporting this. Seems like is related to multiupload fields.

Leave a comment:

• MohMiro
    replied
    Hi Team,

I wish I had this info before upgrading although most of the direct updates have worked with no problems. In fact I once backed-up my project and restored and was shocked that I lost all my layout formatting. I had to repeat all my forms.

However, following upgrade to version 8.1.039 I experienced many problems with dates upon generating source code. The following is an abstract;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v81\wwwroot\scriptcase\app\AutoGUser s\form_valuations\form_valuations_apl.php on line 6335

$comando_multiul = "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM valuations_photos WHERE p_val_id = " . $this->id . "";
    $_SESSION['scriptcase']['sc_sql_ult_comando'] = $comando_multiul;
    $this->trans_date = $old_value_trans_date;
    $this->expirydate = $old_value_expirydate;
    $this->valuation_fee = $old_value_valuation_fee;
    $this->datereg = $old_value_datereg;
    $this->id = $old_value_id;
    $this->marketvalue = $old_value_marketvalue;
    $this->windscreenvalue = $old_value_windscreenvalue;
    $this->radiovalue = $old_value_radiovalue;
    $this->tyres_nearfront = $old_value_tyres_nearfront;
    $this->tyres_offfront = $old_value_tyres_offfront;
    $this->tyres_nearrear = $old_value_tyres_nearrear;
    $this->tyres_offrear = $old_value_tyres_offrear;
    $this->insert_date = $old_value_insert_date;
    $this->insert_date_hora = $old_value_insert_date_hora = ; <=NOTICE THIS, this is line 6335
    $this->edit_date = $old_value_edit_date;
    $this->edit_date_hora = $old_value_edit_date_hora = ; <=NOTICE THIS
    $rs_mu = $this->Db->Execute($comando_multiul);

Kindly what is the work-around for this? Its happening to most of my transactions forms and remember that I have not made any changes to the forms. I cannot deploy to production

Thnx & KRgrds

Moh.

Leave a comment:

• ashtonbrady45
    replied
    Originally posted by Cavadinha View Post
    Nice Giu.
    This post will remain sticked for newer users knows how to upgrade and succesfully roll-back in case of problems.
    Yeah you right Cavadinha that info is correct for every new user
    Last edited by ashtonbrady45; 11-21-2015, 04:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sasalestari
    replied
    tx u..very helpful

Leave a comment:

• ferryf1
    replied
    Fatal Error

Hi, Mr. Gui...
    A few days ago, I updated my SC version to 8.1. And as suggested, I made manual backup to my scriptcase folder in .zip format.
    While, I was working, the error occurs :
    "Fatal error: This file has expired. in /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/lang/en-us/App.lang.php on line 0"
    Then, I logout and tried to login again. But, I can't login. The error occur, ie:
    "Fatal error: This file has expired. in /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/lib/php/error.inc.php on line 0"

So, I decided to get back to the previous version (ver.8).
    Now, I have already rollback my scriptcase installation to the previous version. But, the error is still occurs, like this :
    "Fatal error: This file has expired. in /opt/NetMake/v8/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/lib/php/error.inc.php on line 0"

So, what is the problem? Please help me, because I can not working with my scriptcase now.
    Thank You.

Leave a comment:

• gicor
    replied
    Thank you Giuseppe
    changing theme it works well
    bye
    Gio

Leave a comment:

• scriptcaser
    replied
    Just a quick clarification: to deploy 8.1 apps to an existing 8.0 production environment, I would have to deploy the whole app afresh right? i.e. _lib folder especially. In other words I cannot expect the 8.1 apps to work with the 8.0 _lib folder?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X