Joomla Integration with JScriptcase from ilerian.com!

Just want to share with you,

I have been searching high and Low for a way to seamlessly integrate Scriptcase Apps into Joomla. I have found the best partner there could be with assisting me to get online and integrated into my Joomla Website. See http://www.ilerian.com. Technical Support is fast and friendly. I will recommend them any time!

Sincerely,
Phillip van Niekerk
Website Administrator
Cellular: 079 396 9962 / 083 565 1335
Telephone: 021 982 6558
Fax: 086 624 0498
Web: http://www.phillwebdesign.com
Email: admin@phillwebdesign.com

Re: Joomla Integration with JScriptcase from ilerian.com!

How is this working our for people?

I have bought it and working thru it, so far I’m pretty happy with it.

I think someone had said there was something that needed to be put in each form for security to work properly, but I can’t seem to locate it. I think it was from roccoozwide but he hasn’t been online this week.
Any tips on use would be appreciated.

When my site is totally up, I will let everyone know and they can give me some pointers.

Thanks,
Alan

I think this extension based on the v1 of the Smooth Slideshow lib. There are a lot of bright ideas in your extension of it,Do you consider synchronising it with the v2.0 that is now using objects and mootools instead of moo.fx This way, new improvements made on JDSS will be easier for you to integrate on your module.

I finally got around to playing with the trial version. I’m not all that excited because Jscriptcase seems to do what the existing “wrapper” already does. Or am I missing something?

PS Yes, I now about the user integration, but that can be duplicated relatively simply with jfusion alone.

My SC app works fine when called directly from a URL.

When I call it through Jumi it jumps out of the wrapper and begins to load but not correctly. It throws up a malformed table with the absolute path to the SC app displayed.

Called through a Joomla wrapper, the iframe has a very small height. No amount of adjustment to iframe height in Joomla makes any difference.

I have deployed the SC both WITH and WITHOUT specifying a default application without any difference.

Any ideas?

I would like to know same thing,… which is how easily SCRIPTCASE app can be integrated win Joomla, without any upleasant surprises like this one. I tried some code generated with CodeCharge and I got same results, so seems like the wrapper works fine only with simple HTML stuff.

I know SC V6 just came out but does anyone know when Ilerian will have JScriptCase work with it?
and when JScriptCase will support Joomla 2.5 since Joomla support for 1.7 ends this month.

Alan

I’m planning to use JScriptCase next few days so I would like to know the answer to this same question…
Art

I would have write on their forum if they had one… so same interest and same thing here :

• an update release taking into account Joomla 2.5 and scriptcace 6
  • solution around the wrapper issue

The user integration guide https://ilerian.com/cf/display/JSCDOC/JScriptcase+User+Manual mentions :

“Disable password encryption for JScriptcase”

Does it means that password are stored in clear ?

I’ve been trying to integrate Scriptcase v. 7.1 into Joomla! v. 3.2 for a few weeks now using JScriptcase (which I paid for) and have had issues with certain features in the toolbar of grids, namely the column selection, sorting and grouping buttons. I found support from Ilerian to be slow (2-4 days turnaround for every post on the support ticket) and finally was told that their extension does “not support column selection, sorting and grouping on grids.” How’s that for support?
I can’t recommend this extension. Another note for those of you familiar with Joomla!; You won’t find them in the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

[QUOTE=rjjacob;19683]
I can’t recommend this extension. Another note for those of you familiar with Joomla!; You won’t find them in the Joomla! Extensions Directory.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the “heads up”. It does seem the developer of jscriptcase has either lost or thrown away his roadmap…

I have to update my comments. I can definitely recommend JScriptcase as a solution to integrate Scriptcase applications within Joomla! I was contacted by Kurtulus with Ilerian and he made sure the issue was sorted out and handled to my satisfaction. I was initially offered a refund, but said I would prefer to have the issue fixed and when it was, he should contact me. He went ahead and dug in and sorted out the issue. The whole thing took a few days and considering he’s half-way around the world from me, that’s pretty good support for a product that costs less than $30.

If you are looking for a way to put your Scriptcase apps into a Joomla! site, JScriptcase is a worthy extension to use.

the only problem is that it is not in development anymore.
That should also tell everybody if SC is a tool of the future ? They closed down the coding due to low sales.