[SOLVED] Upgrading to version 9.9.009(3) from version 9.9.007 does not load project and redirects to login

After successfully update Scriptcase, when accessing a project it shows loading, but does not load it and redirect to the Scriptcase login page. When accessing Scriptcase again, it displays message that admin user is already logged in. If I close it and access the project again, the same thing happens.

I have installed Scriptcase on another computer and updated to the latest version.

It restores a previous version of the application, made with 9.9.007, it shows me the applications. But when I try to access it closes and redirects to the login screen.

If I restore the copy made from 9.9.009, it does let me backup, to the test version, it does let me access the project. But as soon as I try to do some operation, it redirects me to the login and leaves the user session open.

It seems that it is rather a bug with this update.

Many thanks

Turn OFF autosave
The fix is coming.

I did turn off and It didn’t work. I need role back to 9.9.007 where can I find sources file.

I already had the autosave option set to OFF. However, I activated it and deactivated it again, but the behavior is the same. I had to reinstall version 9.9.007 in other server, activate it and import the project.

I hope that the fix will be soon.

Use this setting seems to fix this issue

Thank you very much bwalujo, this fix worked!

the issue is back, even with the setting I mentioned above. anyone else is running into this?

UPDATE**
I updated to version 9.9.009(8) and change “use cache for connection metadata” to Yes
this seems to fix the issue I’m having

Yes, that’s right. I opened a ticket in support and they checked the problem in our server and we explained that with your solution it was solved, but that it was a session problem, etc.
They told me that it was a bug and that they fixed it.
In revision 8 they have fixed it.

This problem has already been fixed in the last update.

We kindly ask you to update your environments and let us know if the problem has been resolved.

Hello,

Yes, I have been updated to the latest version and it works correctly.

Thanks.