Forms stopped working on production server

Hi,

I’ve deployed a project to production (created with version 9.4) which includes form apps, grids, control app and calendar app. I’ve deployed to a server in which I have full control and works fine, on the server in which the client wanted to migrate they have cPanel everything worked well. After one month none of the multiline form apps worked anymore.

When I navigate forms on this server from page 1 to another page it just keep showing ‘Processing’ and no response at all.

Also happens when I try to update a record or adding a new one to the form.

No error is displayed on logs or debug mode, and no problem for grid applications navigation from page to page or updating them.

I have same PHP version on both servers (7.4), both have the same MySQL version too.

Really don’t find what to do to fix it.

Hi Maria, did you try to upload the app again?

Regards

Hi @gbillot3

Yes, I tried deploying again each form app and also copied the ones that are currently working on the other server but it didn’t work either

Regards

HI @Maria_Magno
Are you doing a full deploy or only the app?
Have you check the security setting for the folder?

In production, error reporting is turned off. Most likely, some library is missing or some extension is not enabled. The first step is to verify the php.ini files and see if extensions are enabled in dev, not in prod. Secondly, uploading a project sometimes fails without notice; some (old) file is not overwritten. Deploy the application, including the runtime, to a new fresh folder. Finally, enable error reporting:

ini_set(‘display_errors’, 1);
ini_set(‘display_startup_errors’, 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL

Put this at the level where your application goes wrong, as Scriptcase might disable debugging elsewhere besides application startup. Hopefully, a PHP error will pop up, allowing you to trace the problem down.

Debugging SC applications is a difficult thing to do. But if it works in development, then it should work in prod, as long as you use the same conditions.

Hi @Nico

Yes, full deploy with all libraries and apps. It worked for a month on the production server and then all multiline forms stopped working

Hi @aducom

Already tried this error_reporting and display_errors but no error is displayed.

It works in development and another production server. It worked for a month on this server too and then all multiline forms stopped working but no JS or PHP error is given

Hi
Check WAF logs if enabled, web server errors, some logs should be recorded in logs files.
May be you are geting 500 code error, check it in your browser with devtools. If not verify the error obtained.
Check events onapplicationinit and onscriptinit in those applications…

1 Like

I suspect there is something wrong on the server. Check the PHP version and config as well as weblogs