NEVER buy a support package

SC’s support is totally useless. I attach a screenshot of my tickets that have been open for years (I have always bought the support package from SC version 6),

today the best answer ever, I have an error with the Excel export of some applications they are connected and I get the answer it is caused by old versions of the applications, today the project is with 9.10 but the project was born with 6, upgraded from year to year in the various versions of SC, their solution is to recreate 485 grirgle??? it’s ridiculous!
Screenshot 2024-03-05 183619|690x324

SC’s support is totally useless. I attach a screenshot of my tickets that have been open for years (I have always bought the support package from SC version 6),

today the best answer ever, I have an error with the Excel export of some applications they are connected and I get the answer it is caused by old versions of the applications, today the project is with 9.10 but the project was born with 6, upgraded from year to year in the various versions of SC, their solution is to recreate 485 grirgle??? it’s ridiculous

as you can see from the image you can wait up to 3 years NOT to have a solution

1 Like

Unfortunately I agree with you… and you can imagine the FREE support…

It is one of the reasons why we… Well you know :wink:

3 Likes

Well that’s really disappointing to hear. I’m tire kicking on purchasing licence and support atm.

hi,
after I put the post here, I was contacted about two of the bugs that have been open for years!

3 Likes

Good news. So for all the users out there who are waiting to get their issues fixed, repost them all!

2 Likes

If I create something - and it doesn’t work - and I have made sure that everything is correct.
Then it is not a support issue but a bug - which has to be fixed immediately.

And of course this can only happen completely free of charge!

Scriptcase often forgets their responsibility.

4 Likes

hi,
update, after the ticket had been open for 3 years, the year closed with this response.

Hello,

The PayPal issue was solved in the next release.

Best regards

no answer for the SECURITY BUG and a fake solution for the PDF

Happy birthday to you!,

Happy birthday dear bug…

Happy birthday to you

2 Likes

Hi.

I join this debate and also agree. Another problem is that new versions break compatibility with lower versions. Now I solve: GRID from version 9.10. the reload button (Reload the records) has changed. From SC 9.10, the reload button first cancels the set dynamic break by and then loads new records.
Check:

Even with the refresh interval set in the grid. What should I do now with about 1500 grids (in three projects)? I’ve been programming in SC for several years since version SC4. SC says

What problem still affects you?

It is not a mistake. I’m already desperate.

This is very bad news, but it’s not new. I have written many times that the best way to upgrade is to create a full binary backup of your scriptcase environment, including your projects. That way, you can always revert to the old situation. I learned it the hard way, too, as I had to deliver my software to clients based on a fixed price and fixed date and could not because there were real showstoppers that I could not fix, or fast work around. So, I hope you can downgrade to the status where your project worked fine. I was very close to having to finish my company…

Yes, after so many years, I also learned to work on two versions at the client. The one that works and the test version. But the problem is that the development environment only runs in the new version of SC and I am not able to do support in the old version of SC. SC does not allow that, I would have to have bought two licenses for SW development. Then I would have to do parallel development in the old and new (test) version. The worst thing is that SC says “it’s not a mistake, it’s normal”. SC probably won’t solve it. I will have to go back to the SC 9.09.024 version on the development server and prefer never to upgrade the new SC. What is the way back to SC 9.9.024, when everything is generated (or already changed) to SC 9.10? To me, it’s unsolvable, and I’m not talking about wasted time looking for and solving SC errors.

Yes, I know the feeling…

today yet another joke, solution to a bug where the data is shown extracted in Excel incorrectly if the query is correct, change the query make two more selects and the problem is solved, but instead of finding complicated solutions no can they solve the problems??

I will be launching a Safe update notification service over at ScriptcaseByJamie soon, maybe you will want to register… and not have to stress to much… updating and killing your project for a month or two…

I would suggest to get your support from your provider… like me :slight_smile: