Encrypted database

Good morning.
Is it possible to work with SC and a Mysql Encrypted database? Does encryption take place at the DB level or at the application level?
What are the impacts of such a scenario in terms of backup and usage?
Is it necessary to configure the database encryption key for every application of the project?
I’m sorry but I haven’t addressed this topic yet
Thanks

Just encrypt the sensitive data

The idea is that if the database get stolen, nobody can decrypt the data. You can transparent encrypt MySQL or mariadb. You have to work with private and public key and it is not hard to find tutorials to do so. I used maria and the database driver does all the work for you. Disadvantage is that if your server gets hacked, the hacker might gain access as the private key is on the server. But if he steals the db then he cannot decrypt. Security is a difficult matter. Encrypting on field level generates issus wit queries, report generators etc. No solution is perfect and perhaps you need both.

I know i really would not whant to do it because of problems that can arise.

is this setting the one to fill?1690900955867008_840796684

Thank you

Thank you sir. i guess using sc_encode, sc_decode is a different matter since it is encoding and not encrypting. By the way is it possible to know what algorithm uses the sc_encode macro?