[SOLVED - But...] Menu apps broken after upgrade to 9.10.018 (also with .019)

After upgrading from 9.10.016 to 9.10.018, when existing menus apps (in existing projects) are run from the SC IDE, they seem to work as before the upgrade.

But if I a regenerate the menu apps, they stop working correctly: when run, along with the menus a lot of jquery code is output to the page as text.

Tried creating a new project and inside the new project two new menu apps: one standard and one responsive.

Both menu apps have the same issue: when run, the app is rendered but a lot of code is output as visible text (thus not executed).

Note: the code is NetMake code; the two menu apps i created for this test didn’t have a single line of code or any customization created by me.

Am i the only one??

Just Upgraded to 9.10.019.
Same issue.

I also noticed that, in a project created before the upgrade, i open Project > Properties and just click on Save, I get a popup window with this error:

“System Error. We recommend you to send the file with the error to NetMake.” and a link to a log error_xxxxxxxx.html.

The error hml page contains just this line:

“Trying to access array offset on value of type null | Script: /opt/NetMake/v9-php81/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/class/page/nmPageProjEdit.class.php linha: 1824”

That php file is encrypted, so I don’t know how to read line 1824

Dear @robydago,

Could you elaborate a little more on this error, please? Or at least an image that fully shows the problem?

And regarding the error when clicking “Save” in the project properties, when we performed some tests, this error was not displayed.

We await your return.

Best regards!

Hi Danilo,

thanks for your answer.

The project and this menu app were created many versions ago.
This is menu app as run from the SC IDE version 018/019 (working as expected, as it was working with all previous SC versions):

(the broken images are expected, as those images are available only in the production environment)

Regenerating that menu app (without any change at all) in version 018/019, will result in this when the app is run from the SC IDE:

Opening the project properties (just found out that the error appears as soon as i open the project properties), i get this error:

Clicking on the error_xxxxx.html link, only this line is shown:

“Trying to access array offset on value of type null | Script: /opt/NetMake/v9-php81/wwwroot/scriptcase/devel/class/page/nmPageProjEdit.class.php linha: 1824”

Thanks for your feedback!

Your application is the old menu, right?

Please, if possible, describe more features about the application, such as:

• is the menu application linked to the security module?

• Is there a log application linked to the applications that are part of the menu?

• does the menu application have code in events? Is it a dynamic application with macros?

Furthermore, if possible, describe the characteristics of your environment: PHP version of the development environment, Operating System, Database used, etc.

Let us know more details so that we can try to simulate the error occurring.

Best regards!

done more tests
see next post

SOLVED - see next post

Done more tests.

it seems something related to the language settings.

To recap, so far the issue seems to happen with:

• regardless of in which SC version the project or app were created
  • only with menu apps (both types: the old one and the newer responsive one)
  • only when the project language is either English or Italian

English and Italian are the only two languages I’ve been using with Scriptcase since I began to use it.
If I set the project to any other language (hence a language I never used in Scriptcase), no issue at all.

If for example I set the project locales to use any language I never used before (e.g. Portoguese) :**

I can run the menu app with no issues!!:

Found the culprit.

In the only languages (English and Italian) I’ve been using with scriptcase, a lot of time ago I customized a button label in Locales > Application Language

I set the message “lang_btns_reload” to:

&nbsp;<i class='icon_fa fas fa-sync'></i><script>toggle_remove_filter_btn_js;</script>

(Yes I know, a script inside a text string that is supposed to be shown as a button label is strange, but that’s how I decided to embed that JS function - “toggle_remove_filter_btn_js” - in every app where the lang_btns_reload label is used)

If i remove the “<script>toggle_remove_filter_btn_js;</script>” part, this issue disappear.

So in SC version 9.10.017 or 9.10.018 something changed with parsing\handling the language strings when generating apps; till version 9.10.016, having “<script>....</script>” in the label didn’t cause any issue.

@NetMake can you please “fix” this change so that scripts in language strings don’t break any app? Menu apps (both the old plain one and the new responsive one) seems the only app types that are affected