a team scriptcase project and version control of the code

Hello,

I am a new one to the scriptcase. I have the following question:

1. We are going to have a team around 3-4 people working a project using scriptcase. Should we divide the project into several sub-projects and distribute them among team?

2. Since many components will be shared by different people, how can we perform code sync? Do we have to do it manually?

3. Beside the version control within the scriptcase, is there a way to store the scriptcase code in a code repository like github so that we can perform a kind of version control? and perform code sync automatically?

I have searched several places, I could not find such information. Could someone here help me to sort this out?

Thanks,

Sean

[QUOTE=scheng;20933]Hello,

I am a new one to the scriptcase. I have the following question:

1. We are going to have a team around 3-4 people working a project using scriptcase. Should we divide the project into several sub-projects and distribute them among team?

2. Since many components will be shared by different people, how can we perform code sync? Do we have to do it manually?

3. Beside the version control within the scriptcase, is there a way to store the scriptcase code in a code repository like github so that we can perform a kind of version control? and perform code sync automatically?

I have searched several places, I could not find such information. Could someone here help me to sort this out?

Thanks,

Sean[/QUOTE]

1. Scriptcase is a webbased application. You can all work withing the same project. But I wouldn’t let all do the same thing, which is a similar problem as any other devenv.
  2. You don’t have to do codesync as everybody is working on the same base. All config for generation is stored in a central db so everybody will see the same things. But to avoid problems it might come in handy that different people are not depending on each other. Ie. if someone is creating a form depending on a grid which is build by someone else…
  3. No. There’s a build-in version control in scriptcase. You need a multiuser licence.