Ability to set Menu Title and Description Meta Tags

Please add the ability to set the menu app title and add a meta description. Not sure about anyone else, but I often use the menu app to build a stand alone site and this is pretty critical, basic and should be available as an option.

Also it would be nice to dynamically update the title and description tags based on the menu selection.

Anyone else agree?

Re: Ability to set Menu Title and Description Meta Tags

This is driving me nuts! Menu apps show meta <title> </title> as the file name of the app. Really bad seo.

So if my main menu app file name is “this_site_sucks” that will be used as the page title. No option to change / add a title tag or to even add the most basic meta description to the head of the page.

Here is my suggestion for menu app.

Application >> Settings

1. add a field to the menu app settings called “Page title”. If nothing entered, then default to the file name of the menu app. This will be used for the <title> </title> tag of the menu app page.

2. You already have a description box for the app settings. Use that as the meta description or add a check box like “Use as meta description?”. If blank, no description meta tag, if not checked no description meta tag. If not blank and the box is checked then it would be used in the meta description tag in the head of the menu app.

Having a good page title and description are pretty basic SEO practices and should not be ignored.

It would be nice of the title and description changed based on what is loaded in the iframe. I understand that is is not easy, so make the basic simple change first so at least our home page can be found in Google.

I totally agree with you !

This setting is available at Layout>Header and Footer. We are sending the suggestion to create an editable META Description.

Henriqueb, I found the title tag in the header info. Thanks for adding the ability to add additional meta tags. Description would be the most basic tag, but it would it would be really great if we could add other head content meta tags, style tags etc to the head of the menu app.

Yes you there is a title field but it only accept STATIC content, if you put [my_var] in this field, your page title will be [my_var]…

This setting can be available with Layout>Header IN ADDITION TO Footer. my partner and i are usually sending your current suggestion to write the editable META Description.

How to Dynamic

Already answered in your other post.

i appreciate your advices, they are very helpful;) greetings for you!