adding detail form records while inserting a new master record

Hi Guys,
i cannot figure it out. here is a situation: i have a master form with a detail form. Obviously, the detail form does not show anything while I am creating a new record in the master form. this happens because the record has no ID value yet.
Is there any way to do it smooth, without extra clicks from the user and programming?

I guess if I just add a button or field link to a form to add detail records it will not save the record first. This is actually a big question to SC. How to interact with the links from the code, add extra actions before opening a link or how to open a SC link from code. I googled but could not fine any macro to deal with SC links?

Also field links do not show up in the add new link choice, i see only Application or Capture types. ( it is not related to this question, but why on earth Capture is only for Text fields, I often need to pick up an id for foreign key numeric fields)

A way is previusly insert a new record in table master with Statement SQL INSERT. so when the form master-detail opens, It retrieve el record inserted and allow add new details.

I ended up extending master with some detail fields and on master insert i insert the detail record.
Your idea is fine if you add extra check for master is is null, to be sure it is new master.
Anyway, why sc cannot manage it, it is straightforward and really basic situation.
I really miss just a datamodel for my data. It is kind of messy to manage more complex relations with a bunch of forms, is not it?