Adding User and Password Retrieval - Not working in Production Environment

Hello,

Is anyone having problems with adding new users or retrieving passwords in production environment of your host server? I can add users and retrieve passwords in my local development environment, but as soon as I deploy to my server I start getting errors related to SWIFT Mail. My host has PHP 5.2 or PHP 5.4, but not PHP 5.3. I have been working with Scriptcase support and they say they can’t help me because it works fine in development environment.

The problem is when I add a new user either from the login page or within the application itself when I am logged in as admin. The user is added, but I get a big error screen and the email is not sent back to the admin account. Same thing when trying to retrieve password.

I would gladly change hosting companies, but I want to make sure that is the problem first. Scriptcase support won’t say for sure, but they say PHP 5.4 is still being testing with Scriptcase 6 so they can’t commit to anything. My hosting company, 1and1.com, says it is not the PHP version, but the older SWIFT Mail used by Scriptcase.

So, is anyone having success in a production environment adding users and retrieving passwords? If so, could you please tell me which hosting company it is, so I can switch?

I like the functionality of ScriptCase 6, but if I can’t get this problem resolved I have no choice but to move on as this is a real showstopper that I didn’t notice until I went live with my server.

Thanks for any help.

Ted

Re: Adding User and Password Retrieval - Not working in Production Environment

This has been solved. I switched hosting companies.
My new hosting company is BlueHost.com.
I was using 1and1.com. They told me that my site was set to use PHP 5.3, but after calling support a couple times and rechecking through my control panel I discovered they don’t offer PHP 5.3 - only PHP 5.2 or PHP DEV.

As soon as I deployed to my new host at BlueHost.com everything works fine.

In case you need a host, my affiliate link is:

http://www.bluehost.com/track/teddyberry

Hope this helps someone else. I spent at least a week on this.

Ted