Ajax Event doesn't work in nested grid

Hi there,

is it a bug or whatelse?
In Version 7 it’s new to put ajax events on grid fields.
If the grid wil start as an stand alone application the ajax event is working correctly.
If the grid runs as a nested grid, the ajax event doesn’t work not a bit.

Anyone a idea what to do or is it a bug?

Regards
Helmut Kuesters

Hello,

Issue reported to our bugs team.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Hi Bartho

I am using the version 8 and still this issue persist (Ajax event not working on nested grid fields). Please help us to know when this issue will resolve.

Year 2019, 7 years passed - still same issue. Ajax event won’t fire on nested grid.

I think this bug will stay forever. Scriptcase 9.4.031 same

I have this problem too. Grid field ajax event with a javascript code doesn’t work

Same problem here, scriptcase version 9.4.032.
I submitted a ticket through my bronze support account today.
Hope they’ll solve soon, I haven’t found any workaround

I’m running v9.7.007 and this bug still exists. Is ever going to be resolved? Does anybody have a workaround?

Was just updating some of my apps to use the relatively new sc_change_ css macro. It works fine and I was able to fix normal grids. I can confirm that I STILL CANNOT make the AJAX onClick work in the nested grid.

I spotted this thread while checking what everyone else had found… This is the first time I’ve seen the thread.

Some time ago, I came up with a workaround which is fairly crude, but it works, so I thought I’d post it here.

Rather than an AJAX onClick(Which as said doesn’t work), I created a field-link which does. So you get an onClick action, but it takes you to a separate (blank) app which I use to do whatever processing I want, Its big disadvantage is that it is NOT a real AJAX call, so when you sc_redir back to the original grid, you get the SQL select again and a full refresh. Nevertheless, it allows an onClick processing to happen in a nested grid.

I hope this helps.