ApacheScriptcase8 service fails to start Win8 64Bit

Hi
I have installed Scriptcase v8 using the windows install.
When I try to start the Apache services it fails and give the following error in the logs.

The ApacheScriptcase8 service terminated with the following service-specific error:
Incorrect function

Any idea what could be the cause. I noticed the ApacheScriptcase8 is win32, could this
cause the above error? if so where do I get the win64 version.

Regards
-Tiego

I have installed the standard scriptcase Windows install on a w2012 X64 server without any issues, same for a Windows 8.1 64 bits. So actually I don’t know what’s wrong. I would try to uninstall and redo to see if the problem persists.

hi, i have the same working on windows 8 64bit and tried with 8.1 64 bit also no issue

I would suspect the ports, check your ports and see if there is conflict, apache usually uses 2 ports (80 and 443) but for sc they customized this, hence 90% you wont have problem, but perhaps used ports are occupied!

Try as Albert said, and i think you can choose the port during the installation, use different one than previously used, e.g. i use 100 for sc7 and 108 for sc8

Also check if you have some antivirus of firewall blocking the port or the service!? is the service running if you go to services.msc?

Thank you MikeDE and Albert.
Yes the antivirus firewall was blocking the port (i.e. 88)
Once that was solved a new error was couldnt find …php-cgi.exe
It turns out it didnt like the directory C:\Programs File(x86)…

Thanks once again.
-Tiego

Do I need to close the thread somehow?

[CLOSED] : ApacheScriptcase8 service fails to start Win8 64Bit

Thread closed :wink:

let’s see, oh! it is not closed Albert, i can moon walk here

you modified thread title of your message only

i guess it need to be modified to [SOVLED] as grand title for the main thread and close as function from the thread tools

Hahaha… MikeDE

Acutally I should have added [solved] to the title. As moderator I can close the thread etc. but I like to limit my moderationship to removing spam. I like to spend my time to help issues as I think that the supermoderators (SC) should maintain the site. But nice post Mike :wink:

Closing thread is very useful for moderators, but not this one as [Solved] here is enough, with all respects to your help Albert, we admire your efforts, you’re the F1 of almost everyone here :slight_smile:

I’ve vb forum with 141000+ members without that function for 30 moderators will do the forum spam poll :slight_smile:

Super moderators have different rules “like bartho” will never notice this thread… and if he does, will come with “Issue reported to our bugs team”… loool

By the way, in VB forum if you want to change the title for all the thread you have to do it from the thread tools, changing “message” title will not change it in the layout of main forum display threads… that includes the big title above there when you enter the thread to read it. Try it yourself (like W3School says) :smiley:

Cheeers