Application not working on Production in PHP 7.3

Application which was compiled in Scriptcase 9.6 does not work in production which had PHP 7.3.
Is this a scriptcase issue or am I missing something here?
Will appreciate your answers.

Not sure why are having a problem. I am running SC 9.6 PHP 7.3 on Windows in a Xampp environment and all works fine for me.

Can you share the errors you are getting?

I just get a white screen if I change the PHP version to 7.3.
How do I see the errors?
If I downgrade to 5.6 all works fine.

Can you drop down to 7.2 to see? I know I ran into an issue with a different program when using 7.3 and had to drop down to 7.2 in production.

hi gregsintx,
Tried downgrading to PHP 7.2…still does not work.

Have you built any new applications in 9.6 and tried those? When I upgraded to 9.6 I had to rebuild two applications from scratch as they would not work - wouldnt display anything.

Have you tried changing the theme in all the applications?
When deploying do you deploy the project complete deploy with Libraries and CSS?
Is your dev environment in PHP 7.3?
What do you get when you run the Project in the Dev environment. IE: Does it work locally?
Browser cache can also give problems: Right click page and select inspect. Right Click the reload button and select Empty Cache and Hard Reload
Can you share the application with us so that we can check out side?

Most likely is that there is a php issue in one of the events, a php lib that is not enabled in production, etc. To find out, re-enable error messaging so that you do not get a blank screen, but a visual error message.

What version of php is the server you are deploying the applications running on? If it’s higher that 7.3 you could get error messages. php 7.3 is going out of community support by the end 2021 and most hosts are updating their server php versions to 7.4. or higher. Until scriptcase updates their program to run on 7.4 or above there will be issues. Script case are working on it, and will have it updated by the end of 2021. Until then you need to deploy on a server running php 7.3 to match SC9.6

In the server folders, I have the below scripts activated for the PHP versions based on the application I am running.
On the same server, wordpress, help desk applications work fine on PHP 7.3
Only scriptcase applications do not work with PHP 7.3 and I have to activate the script for PHP 5.6

Tried all the possibilities mentioned here…just does not work.
Appreciate u all taking the time though.

Script for 7.3
IfModule mime_module
AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php73 .php .php7 .phtml
IfModulE

Script for 5.6
IfModule mime_module
AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php56 .php .php5 .phtml
IfModule

your dev must be of the same php version, does not make any sense to develop in php 5 and hope it will work on 7. they cutted even some functions and language.

Finally I got around to this. Here’s the error I get on the server when I change to PHP 7.3.
I use Scriptcase macros for all the database stuff so I am not directly using mysql_connect function in the code.
Any of the gurus have a take on what would be causing this.
Thanks.
[06-Oct-2021 00:34:44 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/…[06-Oct-2021 00:34:44 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/…/scriptcase/prod/third/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php:380

This only happens when I switch to PHP 7.3. So there seems to be some disconnect in what the scriptcase code calls and the drivers installed. How to get this rectified? Is there some setting on Scriptcase?

I use MySQL PDO

UPDATE:
After burning 3 hours of midnight oil, I finally got this resolved.
For some reason when I updated the latest Scriptcase libraries, the DBMS type on production got defaulted to MySQL (Transaction) instead of MySQL PDO.
MySQL(Transaction) is removed in PHP 7 and above.
After I set the DBMS type back to MySQL PDO and then changed the version to PHP 7.3, it worked!!!

I have to say the rendering of the applications is much faster now.

Thank you all!

1 Like

haha, we all went through a lot of night oil :slight_smile: