Applications do not run under PHP 8.1 at the provider Strato AG

Almost all applications run on my development machine under PHP 8.1 (SC 9.9.007(4)).
A full transfer with the latest library and currently fully regenerated applications will not run in production on the Linux Strato server.
Only under PHP 7.3 there are almost no problems at the Strato server.

Does anyone have experience with Strato?
https://www.strato-hosting.co.uk/hosting/

Yes, we have our servers running at Strato, but on Windows in a VPS, and we have setup our own webserver with PHP based on Uniform server and it works fine.

I doubt if this issue has to do with Strato, at least if you have a Linux vps. You might need to perform some changes in the php.ini to enable modules that are required by Scriptcase. What I advise is to enable error reporting (e_report_all) so that you can see why your applications do not run. I think you get a blank screen (?)

1 Like

Thanks Albert,
Jader Silva from SC support is on it. I gave him the php.ini and some applications.

And indeed I see a blank screen in Firefox and an HTTP 500 message in Chrome when I switch to 8.1. Everything is fine on 7.3 - generated under 9.9.007 (4).

I did a test on another vendor (he uses Plesk) and I have the same issue with PHP 8.1. So the problem is on the SC side and not on Strato as they said at first.
I joined SC because my developed software had been independent and could be installed at any hoster on world with

1. Web space
  2. PHP runtime
  3. MySQL

It had worked perfect this way with SC in past.
The SC development team is testing wrong on there own server with access to the operating system.
On my delvelopment naturally all is fine under PHP 8.1.

If a VPS or Managed Dedicated Server is required for customers, so I could develop more elegantly with JAVA.

Problem is solved with the new production environment!
The applications are now working at STRATO AG under PHP 8.1.