Approve record without leaving the screen and without logging in as a different user

I have a process where Sales Orders need to be shipped to customers by a sales-clerk.

Before a delivery note can be generated for the order, a sales-manager need to approve the sale.

The scenario will be that the sales-clerk will view the records and call the manager physically over to his/her terminal for the approval.

The sales-clerk does not log out of the system. The manager will click on a button/link on the sales order line on the sales-clerk’s screen and be presented with a modal form that asks for his/her username and password.

If the system has successfully authenticated the manager, the form will close and mark the sales-order record as approved. The sales-clerk will now have a button available to generate the delivery note.

1. How do I call and create a form to be used to do the authentication?
  2. How do I mark the sales-order row as approved, updating the display without reloading the complete age?

Thank you

Add a php button with target Same Window there add some code:
sc_redir(VerifySalesClerk);

Make a control VerifySalesClerk where you do a login check, there set a global variable with [loginreply] with ok or not ok of the login.
When the control closes the original screen will come back and you can verify the [loginreply] and you are done.
Do remember to set the [loginreply] back to empty or else it always stays set…

thank you for the directions!

[QUOTE=rr;40466]Add a php button with target Same Window there add some code:
sc_redir(VerifySalesClerk);

Make a control VerifySalesClerk where you do a login check, there set a global variable with [loginreply] with ok or not ok of the login.
When the control closes the original screen will come back and you can verify the [loginreply] and you are done.
Do remember to set the [loginreply] back to empty or else it always stays set…[/QUOTE]

thank you for the directions!