Appy Header and Footer Templates on a blank application

Hello all,

I’m wondering how to apply a header and/or footer template to a blank application. In the Layout section of a blank application, the user can select only the theme. Is there any way to do it by code?

Thanks

I never use it. But you can try the macro:
/*

• This macro its used to dinamically define the application themes.
    */
    sc_set_theme(‘String Theme’)

blank applications are the most empty one, they used for coding, api, testing, things like that. it is logical there is no header as there is nothing :slight_smile:
you just echo html and css , whatever you like in your onexecute. this is close as it gets to plain php programming,
you can find a lot of examples on internet
take a look at control applications if you have visual design requirements, they a kind of blank but you can manage php, html, css and javascript parts separately.

Thank you guys for your replies.
@alvagar: theme is already settable and it is the only layout parameter available in the settings of a blank application. But unfortunately this doesn’t build up header and footer

@maximnl: I totally agree with your arguments. I have a dynamic number of form fields and of a certain type to create, depending on parameters coming from DB. If for instance amount = 5 and type = checkbox then the form needs five form fields of type checkbox. So this must be a very flexible construct.

I supposed a blank application is the right container to code this. But I wanted to take advantage of the header and footer created in the HTML templates. Anyway, I will think about dealing with it and renounce using the header and footer.

Or do you think I can achieve the same result by using a control? Is it possible to create fields in there at runtime? I did check in the documentation and looked in the forum for a while, but I didn’t find anything in order to create a field in the .

By the way (maybe not fully related to the topic, sorry for that), do you know a way to create a link that can be used in parts of grid contents, opening an application in modal way?

sc_link can be used only for a full column content and sc_make_link does not have any target parameter.

Thanks a lot!

for forms i would use control application cause it is easier to style etc
dynamic number of fields is unusual design, r u sure you do not want to treat it as a sub table/form with multiple records (=number of your fields)

you can generate any html controls using php code in OnLoad event to set up arrays and variables , and outputting them in the HTML part of the control application using loops.
this code outputs arbitrary number of uploaded images for a order

<?php if(count($myArrayImages)>0) { $first=1; $hasImages=0;
                 foreach ($myArrayImages as &$row1) {  
                        if ($row[0]==$row1[0]) {
                            if($first==1) {$hasImages=1;echo '<tr>   <td colspan="2">';}

$size=‘215px’;
if ($row1[2]==1){$size=‘430px’;}
if ($row1[2]==2){$size=‘860px’;}
echo “”;
if($first==1) { ;$first=0;}
}

}  
				if($hasImages==1) { echo "</td></tr>";}

} ?>

<?php if($row[8]>'' && $row[8]<>$prevAlg){ $prevAlg=$row[8]; ?>
        <tr >  <td><?= $AlgemeenLable ?> :</td>      <td><?= $row[8]; ?> </td>      </tr>
 		<?php } ?>    
      </tbody>
    </table>

making links sucks, the standard interface has more option like modal and menu tabs, but i could not find how to code it via sc make link, it is just _target, self and something else. parent or something. so if it really important try to do it via a standard button with a link, so you can set all things up via the link parameters.

good luck