avoid users to modify the callendar

Is there any way to deny a user from modifying the calendar in scriptcase?.

At form time you have the onvalidate event which allows you to seek for user access and avoid the modifying of an event. tho you can still drag and drop stuff around… I need to deny the user from doing this.

Regards

Unfortunately you cannot. I suspect that you can if you hack the calendar code, but the best option would be to make your own calendar display.

Thanks Albert.

JQuery UI here I go.

Regards

He promised to version 8 that any user could not change a calendar without permission of its owner, specifically disable the drag drop .

Who, where, when and how?

Yachs…that puts me off. Who owns the calender propriety code?

Afaik it’s an open-source tool.

The inability to make the calendar read only is, to say the least, frustrating.

Scriptcase publicity clearly states “[SIZE=14px]The Calendar application has the option to lock Drag?n Drop on upcoming events.” ([/SIZE]http://www.scriptcase.net/blog/scriptcase-v8-calendar-application-improved/)

I understand the application was based on an open source product - what was that? I am certainly not a good enough programmer (or have enough time to learn!) to “make my own calendar display” - after all that’s why I have bought into a rapid development product like ScriptCase. I am however happy to try and adapt something that has been made to work with Scriptcase.

Any other suggestions of alternatives would be appreciated too!

I recreated a calendar into a blank for a customer, and modify the behaviour as I need. Is not so complex

If you could share it with us would be awesome gui

I will try, to get time to do it

most apprecieated.