Backup Before Execution of Any Update

Hi,

I have experienced several glitches with Scriptcase after executing an update, may it be on Scriptcase installation files update (from 8.0 to 8.1) or Mac OS update (referring to Yosemite to El Capitan), worst I had to undergo excruciating processes to recover my projects and files. I understand that OS update is beyond Netmake’s control. On the other hand, they can do something when it comes to Scriptcase update. Not all users of Scriptcase have a good practice of backing up their projects or the Scriptcase installation.

Netmake may help the users by having a mandatory backup for major updates and optional backup for other updates. In this way, it will serve as a reminder to all the users that a backup is available in case the new update cause them errors just like in the past. It may cause an additional space on the disk but this will provide peace of mind all users especially to beginners like me.

Just a thought.

THE best way of doing a backup is to turn scriptcase off. Then completely backup the entire scriptcase v8 directory. And then do an update. That way you can always simply go back to a previous version.