Bartho, NetMaker Management.... Many bugs throughout scriptcase. Sloppy Business!

Bartho, Netmaker management,
STILL many ridiculous (ridiculous simply due to sloppy business practice) bugs! I am NOT an advanced programmer… therefore, the issues I keep identifying are what anyone who is attempting to provide projects/applications for an end user would normally experience using Scriptcase (v6, v7 and v8).

1. Options -> settings -> default values AND (once into a project) Project -> default values NOTHING makes “common sense” i.e. If I have the global options->settings-defaults values set, once I’m into the project the project default values SHOULD be set from the options->settings default values.

2. Once I’ve set the default values for the project, I SHOULD be able to use the express edit to without some other crap already entered that has nothing to do with the project default values i.e. model for header, model for body and model for footer SHOULD reflect the defaults set for the project.

3. When using the express edit and with the option to “show header/footer” set to NO, all applications are reset all the header/footer OTHER THAN the default option set in the project->default values.

3a) Once I’ve used the express edit, I still have to go through all the apps to make sure the header/footer is properly set on/off.

1. There should be / needs to be an option to SET ALL options based on the hierarcy i.e. SC -> Options -> Settings -> Default values
    If I go through all the trouble of setting the default values here, then why must I go through all the trouble of setting the default values for each project??? I should be able to set a project defaults based on the global defaults… If I use the express edit, WHY does the express edit NOT comply with the project defaults???

2. ONCE Again… Why is it impossible to SYNC the language files backwards to the dictionary? i.e. If I decide NOT to include OR I decide to remove tables from the dictionary NOTHING happens to the corresponding language file. It simply “floats” around. Users have consistently asked for BETTER or more reliable language files. Any Plans to ‘fix’ the language file issues?

Sorry for so much venting… however, from this end of the application development cycle (developers, like me, who have chosen to use SC as the development environment) There is very little -if any, communication from NetMaker AKA Scriptcase to inform us what to expect and/or if any of the BUGS are getting fixed.

Again… Are we suppose to tell OUR clients “Sorry, you’ll just have to wait and see if we get around to Fixing Bugs”???

I agree. I am getting VERY disillusioned with this product. Such an excellent concept but so poorly maintained.

I have to agree, and the resellers are in a continuing discussion with SC regarding matters like these. It’s a great product, with great potential, but there’s defenitely a quality control issue. Unproper testing, no beta, no roadmap, no insight in accepted bugs and status etc.

You ( Scriptcase ) guys need to finally understand that there are people here who try to do their own work with your tools and our clients are not willing to accept the same excuses that you used with us.
So please try to do your job well.
Like everyone here can say you have created a brilliant product but with a lot of problems that make it almost unusable.
It is not possible that every time we receive an update we have to worry to try the things that worked previously and hope that the new fixes really work.
Personally, I succumbed to the temptation to bring in SC8 a big project in the development stage but this is creating a lot of damage in terms of lost time.
Thank you for your attention and sorry for the outburst.

I can’t say it any better than the folks above.

I almost posted “Reported to bugs team.” but these guys would throw stuff at me.

Good one Giblet535. Cue Bartho… :slight_smile:

Oh man… if I was the owner …

Wait a week and offer them one euro.

That’s what an old gypsy lady told me in a dream last night.

Hello,

I will verify those issues with our bugs team.

I will also take in account your complaints and discuss with our team.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

[QUOTE=bartho;28627]Hello,

I will verify those issues with our bugs team.

I will also take in account your complaints and discuss with our team.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann[/QUOTE]

Yaaay… He commented. Hi Bartho. :slight_smile:
It would be very nice if some acknowledgement of our discontentment is presented with solutions not enhancements at this point in time.

Hello everyone,

I am primarily here to try and help everyone the best way, do not know how is the relationship of each with Bartho or any other user of this forum, but I’m sure that will not help screaming, we need to work as a team and help each other to improve tool.

Regarding the issue of the topic, if I understand correctly, you want to provide a suggestion about default values​​, right? And also what is said about the data dictionary. In this, you would remove the table along with the translations? Is it? Sorry if you do not quite understand.

Thank you very much.

Hi Thomas

I think that SC relies far too much on users helping users. There is a serious problem and it lies with ScriptCase/Netmake. Until they show serious improvements in their business practices and quality of output, I am afraid they are going to continue to lose the loyalty of their client base as we become more and more disillusioned with them. This product it not cheap and it is not Open Source so therefore, the service and quality is paramount. The length of time is takes to create a project due to overcoming bugs is not something I can put up with any longer. Really a pity because the concept is great. Unfortunately that is where it stops - at concept really.

Mmm, in general I can agree on this. But with some remarks. The overall development time is measured by doing it all bare-bone, or with help of a generator. A generator is strong on it’s possibilities which is generating crud applications in general. The fact that I loose time on bugs by creating work-arounds needs to be seen in the overall development time. I win some, I loose some. So far the profit in development time was significantly positive against the time-loss. That’s why we still like SC. But - and I wrote that before - Quality control sucks as well as formal support. It’s great to see that finally SC is parking some devs here who have a decent knowledge of English, but in general I have samples of Q&A which would fit in a comedy show. I know that Carlos and Marcia are working hard to get things better, but somehow it’s hard to speak the same language. There for sure is some kind of barrier between the devs, and sales. All bugfixing is done hidden and no communication to the community about things getting done. That part is still a black page.

Hi Albert, it seems to me that you guys have managed to create a quick way to implement projects. Maybe you are exporting already working apps from other projects? I seem to remember you referring to templates that you guys have created in some post which leads me to make the comment I just made.
For me, when it comes to the very basic requirement, I can press next next next finish and have a working solution. However, every solution I have made so far has been a little more complex. Unless I adopt a previously created solution, I find the implementation way to time consuming. Unacceptably so. At first I wrote it off to learning but I feel quite proficient now and I am not happy with the time currently being taken. Most importantly, I really hate the fact that something that is done and signed off often no longer works after an upgrade. I have found another solution which I am finding quicker to learn and quicker at creating complex solutions. I am still evaluating it so this may be a new toy excitement but we will see over time. The support, without a doubt, is better though.

Hi Albert, it seems to me that you guys have managed to create a quick way to implement projects. Maybe you are exporting already working apps from other projects? I seem to remember you referring to templates that you guys have created in some post which leads me to make the comment I just made.

Not sure what you mean by this remark. We have done a very intensive selection process before choosing SC and have seen almost all competitors. We came from a very popular other product which has - to our experiences - an even worse support. In fact, we where not even allowed to be critical and those issues where removed from the forum! That’s a big + for SC as they are not hiding their problems. In fact they are still trying to do better, but there’s a culture difference for sure :wink:
We have created advanced projects with SC for the university complete with workflow management running on a wide range of tablets and pc’s/macs. Also we have created payment portals, patient dossier applications, webshop, insurance and others. But I must admit that we work with SC for quite some time now and that we avoid the weak points as we have experienced them. But they are all in production and running well.
Honestly, I’m the first to admit that SC has issues, and I never tried to do if they didn’t exists, in fact I’m still very critical to their Q&A.
I don’t share your choice, but I’m not trying to keep you away from that, but I think that everybody has their values. The grass on the other side always looks more green as we say it here.