Beginers Section

Hi Support,

I purchased scriptcase and I am getting started to convert an existing application I wrote with Computer Associate Clipper, now in use in my country Haiti since 15 years.

Which means I am comming from a working business solution and I want to convert it completely in PHP using Scriptcase working environment.

My Existing System is xBase which means my actual data is in dbase format.

My personal experience is that scriptcase made it easy for me to use the actual dbase data and use it without yet converting them into mysql.

I am able to quickly create searchable grids and assemble data for display.
I am very satisfy so far…

My big Question is where can I find the list of all the functions avaible - all the SC_function() ?

Second Question : What is the difference between Events and Ajax Events and when is best to apply them ?

I have more questions… to come particularly about passing parameters between applications

I am happy to be on the team and looking foward to get full support to be able to convert my exiting application
GESTBIZ (Gestion Business) - now only available in Haiti for importers and distributors of merchandises.

Thanks again for the support,

Reginald Bailly
www.gestbiz.com

Re: Beginers Section

No response to my question :

Am I to assume that there is no specific manual for scriptcase function SC_xxxxx() ?

Reginald Bailly

Search for “SCRIPTCASE MACROS” in the help - it shows all the sc_* specific functions.

Thanks, I found it … !
All the functions with details info are there…!
I am going to learn more by reading some of them…
I wish they could also be organized as TYPES (ie database related, strings related, date related etc…)

I will develop now, the habit of searching, in the Help Search section for sc related concepts
Reginald Bailly