Blank app does not show 'Unauthorised User' if called from within a menu using security

There is a problem with how the security function of the blank application displays ‘unauthorised user’ when shown within a menu. (i.e the screen is blank)

I have a menu that calls a blank application (blank_test) which does a simple display of simple text through echo (for testing).

Direct calls:

• If I call blank_test directly with security off it shows the text.
  • If I call blank_test directly with security and call sc_apl_status(blank_test, ‘on’) it shows the text.
  • If I call blank_test directly with security on but without calling sc_apl_status(blank_test, ‘on’) I get Unauthorised user

From Menu:

• If I call blank_test as the default application for test_menu with security off it shows the text.
  • If I call blank_test directly with security and call sc_apl_status(blank_test, ‘on’) it shows the text.
  • If I call blank_test directly with security on but without calling sc_apl_status(blank_test, ‘on’) it is totally blank. No error/message is displayed - even with all of the error/debug notifications on. This is not how other apps behave!

I have reported to SC.