BUG grid option to create Link to "create new record" (open form to enter new record)

Bartho, Please tell management this really SUCKS!!! (ver 8.00.0012)
I am not an advanced programmer nor should I have to figure out “some sort of work around” because of all these “STUPID” bugs! This is unacceptable!

Here is the process…
I have two apps, app 1 is a grid, app 2 is a form. Grid displays the recordset. Create application link to form to add new record.

THERE’S NO BUTTON TO ADD NEW RECORD!!! WHERE THE HELL DID IT GO???

Ask the netmaker management (please) How or What are we suppose to tell our clients when we are unable to deliver a “working” project when the environment we are using (Scriptcase) is full of stupid bugs?

grid1.jpg

grid2.jpg

On link properties you must specify you want the “new” button,you dont need to create an specific button

Here you can see where in Application Link properties

Captura.JPG

You mean LIKE THIS…???

grid3.jpg

YES… I have performed this link operation many times…

Yesterday I checked for update SC. Today… no button.

I’ve replicated the issue five times using five different tables, grids and forms… all with the same missing button

Maybe I’m tired today, but I don’t understand. Button is there in your capture, and don’t know what is your btn_new_record link…You can just have 1 application link per application.

Can you replicate it on a simple grid and form?

can you share an export and SQL of this replication to test ?

I created the btn_new_record to make sure I could “work around” the bug when the new record button associated with the link was not displayed.
Yes, I have replicated the same issue (no ‘new record’ button) with five different ‘new’ simple grids linking to five simple forms.

Hello,

Issue reported to our bugs team.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Hello,
Were you able to solve this problem??? is there any BUG related with a solution???
I have found a similar “SOLVED” post but the solution there is to delete the files and re-generate the application, BTW, I have tried that and is not working for me, though that is not a real solution.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Regards,