Bugs in file upload field... again... since sc 7 not repaired properly..

In SC8 I have the following:
an editable grid with the following fields:
visible:
FILENAME as a Document (File Name)
LASTUPDATE as Date and Time
not shown:
NR as integer
SUBFOLDER as Text

So the database structure should be fairly simple (in oracle):

CREATE TABLE “SC_UPLOAD”
( “NR” NUMBER NOT NULL ENABLE,
“SUBFOLDER” VARCHAR2(256 BYTE),
“FILENAME” VARCHAR2(256 BYTE),
“LASTUPDATE” DATE,
CONSTRAINT “PK_SC_UPLOAD” PRIMARY KEY (“NR”)
);

I already have several records in there with the following FILENAME values:
3d+scene&105.jpg
a+b.txt
3d+scene_106.jpg
A&B.pdf
A#B.pdf
kleineautos.txt
Melding aanstaande, lopende en afgesloten changes in week 41 (2014).eml
msdnlicense.rtf
ab.pdf

These are all valid filenames of valid files.
Yet I can not download the file: 3d+scene&105.jpg it opens a new page with this message in there: : 3d+sceneEcom105.jpg
A&B.pdf fails similarly

Melding aanstaande, lopende en afgesloten changes in week 41 (2014).eml gets downloaded as: Melding aanstaande, lopende en afgesloten changes in week 41 %282014%29.eml which is incorrect.

A#B.pdf gets a new window with : AJvelB.pdf in there which is also wrong.
Aparently the nm_mostra_doc javascript function is still failing.

This is in the latest firefox version.
On IE8 I get an error:
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; Embedded Web Browser from: http://bsalsa.com/; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:49:55 UTC

Under firefox this shows… Under IE8 this fails…
Line: 10
Char: 9
Code: 0
URI: http://172.16.0.142/acc/hrm/digiformSC8/ad_grid_mutf_hist/ad_grid_mutf_hist_jquery.js

The source from that js file is as follows:

function ajax_navigate(opc, parm)
{
    scAjaxProcOn();
    $.ajax({
      type: "POST",
      url: "ad_grid_mutf_hist.php",
      data: "nmgp_opcao=ajax_navigate&script_case_init=" + document.F4.script_case_init.value + "&script_case_session=" + document.F4.script_case_session.value + "&opc=" + opc  + "&parm=" + parm,
      success: function(jsonNavigate) {
        var i, oResp;
        Tst_integrid = jsonNavigate.trim();
        if ("{" != Tst_integrid.substr(0, 1)) {

So the error is at the start of the line Tst_integrid … so it fails near there.

Upon further testing I noticed that my app didnt even accept new records anymore.
Talk about an even more serious bug…
It doesnt matter whether I use firefox or any other browser. The new button only once makes a new record but doesnt let anyone do anything with it…

there are several other bugs in the generated code as I showed already but this last one is the most serious one. We cant even use the file uploading capability anymore that way…
Please fix asap.

bugfilenames2.JPG

It doesnt run in scriptcase itself, it doesnt allow the New button to be pressed twice (was possible in SC 7.1) it still has some serious filename bugs and the downloads.
The pieces of code:
$$nmgp_var = str_replace(‘Ecom’, ‘&’, $$nmgp_var); //&
$$nmgp_var = str_replace(‘Jvel’, ‘#’, $$nmgp_var); //#
are missing in the generated code in my grid_filestorage_doc.php (as was the case in SC7 and SC7.1 as well). [color=red]these bugs are described very well before see: http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/showthread.php?5001-Upload-error-in-7-01-0009&highlight=upload

The upload stuff is too buggy to use, it doesnt work.
The situtation is completely reproducable.

Hello,

I will contact our bugs team regarding this issue.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I recommend to look over all the reports of rr and look into your code. RR has documented each and every bug in very detail, and often included solutions.

Hello,

I checked in our system that this problem is resolved and is in the testing phase so it can be released in future releases.

Thank you!

Great I’ll be waiting and testing it severly. Count on it that I will find more bugs as the preious versions had several bugs (see all my other posts on this subject with all the details!)

This is good, because then we can leave quickly and without any problems in the development tool, which by the way is what we all want, right?

Thank you very much for your support!

Yes. But how do we know it’s fixed? Just test after each release to see if it’s solved? I tested last release to see that the html5/flash issue is not solved (yet). I know, you’re working on it, but that’s my point. How do we know?

Hello Albert,

I can not give a deadline or the current state of development of this solution, because I have no access. Sorry, but the only thing I’m sure that this problem is being worked on to other problems reported by users Scriptcase.

Thank you.

It’s nothing personal Thomas. And the issue was repaired in the latest update. But if SC is improving it’s quality control (and I think SC has made major steps) then it’s also neccessary that it is gonna be consolidated by professionalism. That means that SC does communicate about the issues that have been acknowledged, picked up and solved…

Hello,

I understand your concern on this issue Albert, and give you reason, but we are striving to improve quality and customer relationships.

Thank you!