Calendar not displaying records

How do I get records to display in the calendar?

I have created a calendar and associated table and data as per the instructions. (SC 9.0.020)

I can add & save a new record by clicking a cell in the calendar

The resulting records do not display in the calendar, although but exists in the data table. The settings for the calendar are in the attached image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n80190[/ATTACH]

What am I missing here?

sc9cal01.jpg

OK, did the usual trick. Backup > DELETE EVERYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROJECT > restore > generate everything

Now it works.

Note to SC - since you’re so great at constantly wanting to add new stuff instead of fixing the bugs, how about a CLEAN FULL REBUILD function for projects?

I have a similar issue, records do not show up in the calendar. before the update 9.20 it worked.

found the reason the records not shown , in security there is setting [SIZE=12px]Enable direct call by URL.
if it is off. calendar will not show any records. [/SIZE]

OK. Thanks.

In version 9.0.027 does not work :frowning:

The reported case was corrected in release 9.0.027. Version available for download and update…

First enable the “Hide field category filter” option and see if the records are not displayed.

If it works, check the values in the new option in the “category”

• Added new values for the “uncategorized” option in the “category” field in the calendar application.

funciona en desarrollo pero no en producci?n

I found why it happens. The main two fields you use should not be null. If even one record has null title, it cuts the rest of data. No errors, just no data. So put not null in your query on the fields.

This problem still occurs! I tried all the things written here!
Is there anybody who found an other solution this problem?

I can confirm that this issue is still present. If you add a new appointment it will not appear until the date is in the past. I.e. I create an event at the 5th of May and it will not show up in the calendar of May. If I show the calender of April it does (but grayed-out).

There are other problems still going on calendar app! I’m using version 9.1.009.

1. If you set the minimum / maximum time limit then on the week and daily view there is only a gray area is shown! If not then it is working.
  2. If your calendar table has so many records (for examle more than 10.000 records) then really it is too slow. After 8 or 9 seconds the records are coming to view! Older version was better than this version. In a second or two, the records can be viewed! In monthly view , this is a very boring situation especially the older users that knows the performance of the older version of calendar app.

I wrote these here maybe it maybe helpfull to anybody searching some issues about calendar app!

Also if the title field of the calendar table is null then you cannot see the records after that record! This problem still going on! You have to populate the title field of the calendar table if it is null then you can begin to view all the records!

Hi Albert,
i have exactly this problem in 9.2.016…
Is there any workaround to fix this problem?

Thank’s for your answer and have a nice day.
Steve

Afaik no. It’s a bug…

I can’t find where the option is, can someone point me to it?. (“in security”) where is this at?
From “Maximnl” :
found the reason the records not shown , in security there is setting Enable direct call by URL.
if it is off. calendar will not show any records.

Sorry I forgot to say: I have tried like 3-days to make a calendar work, at one point it was doing fine, adding and updating but for no reason now it simply does anything.
Does not show the records already on the table.
When I create a new record, “nothing gets inserted on the table”
Using the option for “Debug” does not help you on as the calendar application does not show SQL after an insert or after an update. I can see some code for like half split second but the screen is immediately replaced by an empty calendar.

1. If you set the minimum / maximum time limit then on the week and daily view there is only a gray area is shown! If not then it is working.

the problem is that if you put the data and then remove it, the dirty fields remain.

editable: <?php echo ($this->calendarConfigValues['update'] ? 'true' : 'false'); ?>,
      slotDuration: "00:15:00",
      snapDuration: "00:05:00",
      nextDayThreshold: "00:00:00",
      eventStartEditable: false,
      allDaySlot: false,
      minTime: "   ",
      maxTime: "   ",

even with the version 9.4.021 the problem remains

Maurizio

I have an odd issue when using the calendar where it doesn’t work on a secure web port under IIS. I am trying to use the calendar only to display data from a SQL view. The application is not used to add or edit records, only to display them. The view pulls employee birth dates from a table and sets the column “recurrent” to “Y” and “period” to “A” so they will appear on the calendar every year on the correct date.

The calendar works in development and when deployed in production on a non-secure port under Apache.

I run IIS on another port for https with Windows authentication for users. While it is running a different instance of PHP I ran the diagnosis on both environments to confirm they both are running the same version of PHP: 7.0.15.

When I access the calendar on the non-secure port the events appear. When I access the calendar on the secure port the events to not appear. This is true whether I am accessing the development environment or the production environment. Either one works via non-secure Apache port, both do not work via secure IIS port.

Any ideas why accessing via HTTP or via IIS would cause the calendar to be blank?

Edit:

A little more info:

When I access the following URL the page loads with the event data in what looks like XML format:
http://servername:8090/scriptcase/app/Projectname/AppName/AppName.php?script_case_init=7316&nmgp_opcao=calendar_fetch&start=2020-03-01&end=2020-04-12&_=1585145885522

This URL does not return any data, I just get “[]” (that is left bracket, right bracket with nothing in between).
http://servername:8443/scriptcase/app/Projectname/AppName/AppName.php?script_case_init=7316&nmgp_opcao=calendar_fetch&start=2020-03-01&end=2020-04-12&_=1585145885522

http:// :8090 is Apache — https:// :8443 is IIS

I found these URLs using Chrome’s Inspect Source / Network tab. The AppName.php file calls the index.php from that folder and I think that is where the database query gets called from, but I don’t understand enough JavaScript or PHP to reverse engineer the query any further.

Hi GuiGuy; I have the same problem. Only shows uncategorized items and when other categories are excluded from selection. Very strange. When you say "DELETE EVERYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROJECT " do you mean to delete the whole app/project folder ?

Thanks a lot in advance