Calendar validation error message repeatedly popping up

Hi… I believe this is a bug in the system; please correct me if I’m not configuring it correctly or if there is a way to stop the error validation message from repeatedly popping up when selecting the invalid date.

Assuming we have a field named “entry_date” that allows the user to select the date using the calendar in the field option, if we set a rule that the date should not be more than 14 days from the actual date, and if we select the date more than 14 days for testing purposes, it will popup the error message “Entry Date: Invalid data”. If we click on OK, the message will popup again and it won’t allow the user to correct the date. So in this situation, how is the user going to correct their date if they accidentally selected the wrong date as the error message keeps popping up?

Another question, is there a way to completely block out the unavailable dates in the calendar that don’t allow users to click on them based on the rule?

Please check and advise if it is possible to set the validation to only run before saving the entry.

Thank you!

Dear @JoshuaL,

After some tests carried out taking into account the rule you mentioned above, it was possible to notice the following behavior:

When selecting an invalid date, the alert is triggered with the invalid data message. When you click OK, you can click the calendar icon again to select the correct date. The problem is that the alert is triggered again, even though you have selected the date within the defined range. After that, the alert no longer returns.

The error will be reported to the development team, and as soon as the fix is ​​released, I will be reporting back through this thread.

Regarding disabling days that are not in the range defined as valid dates, unfortunately it is not possible to perform this action natively in Scriptcase, as the calendar is an external component used by Scriptcase to allow the selection of dates in a more practical way.

Best regards!

Hello @Danilo_Lima, Thank you for following up with the issue. I believe the block-out date that prevents the user from selecting the invalid date is important too because the rule in the field has been set, but we still allow the user to select the invalid date, which doesn’t seem right, so it should come in a way that directly prevents the user from selecting based on the rule. May be this is a good implementation of the calendar field, as I read many users are struggling to block out the unavailable dates too. Please consider implementing this feature; this can make the quality of the application more professional and neat. Regards!

Dear @JoshuaL,

Stopping by to give you feedback on your request at the time regarding the date range limitation in the calendar component.

In the latest version that was released (9.10.011), a flag was implemented that allows this limitation to be enabled not only in validating the field input, but also in the calendar component used to select the date.

Are you still experiencing the issue reported at the beginning of this thread?

Thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards!