called a grid in a master detail

Hello, good day.
I have a grid with a link application to create and edit records, it works perfectly, but then when I add the grid in a master detail buttons to create and edit disappear, that happens only when I call the grid as detail.
Anyone know how to correct this since you need o call this grid from the detail.
I remain attentive, thank you very much.

tengo el mismo problema

Hola/Hello:

Capture links don’t work in Child mode. sorry.

Los vinculos de captura no fucnionan cuando configuras el grid como hijo de otro.

Saludos.

Apologies if I have the wrong end of the stick here…

The thing is - they should work, but they don’t. Raised this as a bug a while back, and revisited this only recently…

If you right-click in the iframe containing your child grid, and choose “refresh frame” - the “pencils” magically appear (providing you have enabled the relevant bits on the link properties - “enable button to edit a grid record”). Clearly they should appear from the outset, but they don’t.

See this thread for more details and possible workarounds (far from ideal): http://www.scriptcase.net/forum/showthread.php?8422-The-pencil-disappears-quot-is-it-a-bug-or-issue-quot

A work around you can do is to make a link to the capturing application in the onrecord event.

Regards

Yep that’s worth a try, but that won’t make any toolbar buttons appear if you have those :frowning: