Can I to update a decimal number with the comma?

Hi, I have the field “discount” (doubleprecision) in a Postgres table, that I visualize in a form type grid view. When I perform the update, also without changing any value, the program gives an error error type given on the field “discount.” The field is seen as alphanumeric character, because there is the decimal comma according to the Italian notation. Even if I eliminate the regional settings, the error remains.
Do you help me?

Thank you!

Re: Can I to update a decimal number with the comma?

Hi Beatrice,

I had the same error within a mysql database. I made a mistake when making the connection to the database.
There you are asked which notation is used to describe decimal numbers. If the database is using “.” instead “,”
or other way around, you get such an error message. These notation MUST be the same at that point.

If you want to have another look to your users, you can change that by using regional settings or individual settings.

Best regards

Eric

Re: Can I to update a decimal number with the comma?

True, the problem it is born when the connection is created to the database. In this phase I must choose the correct notation, that is that of the decimal point, as it is in the database

Thank you Eric!
Beatrice