Cannot restore / Manual restore

Upgrade to SC latest version crashed and need a complete install of 8.1 :(.

When I try to restore from backup, it always show “Content Encoding Error”. Please advice how to fix.

I see the ZIP file content is same as SC directory structure. Can I just manually restore all the files to related location ?

The version has a little bit different.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Almond Wong

What you CAN do is make a backup of your netmake dir first. Then rename it and then unzip the zip to the nameke dir. But I still hope that you have your license entered somewhere.
It should still be in your backup or better you should have it in your mail when you bought scriptcase.

A lesson for net time is to ALWAYS COMPLETELY BACKUP YOUR SCRIPTCASE DIR before you upgrade. This way if it fails you can always go back to your last working version. We over here actually backup more then one version. Under windows you have to stop the scriptcase service before you make a backup and you need to make the backup in administrator mode.

@rr you can Access your license info from your scriptcase web profile

Thanks for reply.

I already completed a new install.

My question is HOW TO RESTORE THE BACKUP. No matter the project backup or backup from “Setup” is not workable. I only receive “Content Encoding Error”.

The the upgrade has such risk, who don’t it do a auto. backup before execute the operation.

Regards,

Almond Wong

Is the backup zip file without errors? (can you completely unpack it?).

So you mean to say that the new install doesnt handle backups properly.I have no idea what this bug is in detail, I wish I would.
I would try the following:
1: make a small project in your newly installed scriptcase
2: backup the project
3: make a full backup
4: remove the project from scriptcase
5: restart scriptcase
6: restore the full backup and see what happens
7: if that fails remove the projects again from sc
8: restore the project from step 2 and see what happens…

If these things fail contact support. More people seemed to have problems with the full backup.

I completed the suggested steps without improvement.

Still show “Content Encoding Error”. Both ZIP file of project or user.

It is possible to manual restore the files from the zip file ? How come a backup cannot restore.

Regards,

Almond Wong

I saw someone else with the same problem. Are you working on a linux or on a windows machine?
Oddly enough I see this error seems occur on firefox (I’ve never seen it). So more details (pictures! from the browser) may be helpfull.

SC installed on CentOS. I tried Chome, Firefox and IE 10 with the same error.

I try to import the project or restore the zip created in step 2 and 3, it output the same error.

Is that means the import/export and backup/restore is useless ???

So, I suggest Netmake take a look at the import/export and backup/restore.

Regards,

Almond Wong