Can't connect to MySQL

I have hosting account on Host Gator. When trying to connect to MySQL I get following error:

Connection Error

mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD(‘your_existing_password’). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

I have contacted HodstGator and they confirmed they running PHP v5.3 and MySQL v5.1
I tried suffested procedure to reset the password, but it did not help. I’m stuck with any development as I cannot access database. Adter spending several hours with HG support they said there is nothing on their end that would prevent this from working. I really don;t know what else can I do to make this work. I have no problem with SC and my local database.
I’ve run a test with SC5 and I can connect without any problem to this same database, so there must be something in SC6 that is causing the problem.

I would appreciate any help, as I run out od possible clues how to fix this.

Arthur

Re: Can’t connect to MySQL

Hello,

This error was generated by the database, where the solution is shown:

“Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD(‘your_existing_password’)”.

You only need to change the user password, is mostly common the user is ?root?

PS: You can change to the older password, use the manager or through a command line

regards

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem. I have done what the error message suggests that I do without any success.

I have emailed on several occasions, left messages on your support desk system and have received no help whatsoever.

I did not have this problem with the SAME database with scriptcase 5, so the problem must be at your end.

PLEASE HELP. I CAN DO NOTHING WITH YOUR SOFTWARE AT THE MOMENT.

JB

Hello,

This issue is happening due to php 5.3, this is why it didn’t happened when you were working with SC 5.

Please try to apply the solution provided by Yuri Esteves again. If it does not work, I highly suggest you to contact our support via ticket or chat.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

I think your statement isn’t true. The reason?

I have no problem connection to the same remote database on the same server while in SC development environment. The connection works fine. When I deploy the project on the server then the problem starts. I have no access to MySQL commend line on the server, plus the commend you suggest is restricted on my server for local access only.

I remember, before I fixed it (using your suggestion) I was not able to connect to remote MySQL even from SC6.

I believe the problem lies in the fact that on some servers the connection for deployed App must be changed.
Here is an example:

SC6 connection settings for remote MySQL:
HOST: 134.45.45.4
User: SomeUser
Password: SomePassword

When SC project is deployed on the server those setting should be changed to:

HOST: localhost (or 127.0.0.1)
User: root (or some other user)
Password: ‘’ (or some other password)

QUESTION:
I remember one time there was some SC utility which poped up on my screen to change the connection setting for deployed App. Once I changed it it worked fine, but I cannot recall how to get to is… can you please refresh my mind, pls

Arthur

PS>
this is 5th day that I’m stuck and cannot make any progras with the project because I cannot test an app on the server :frowning:

see if you can connect to your remote MySQL directly from SC6, if so the your problem is as mine, if not the you might take the suggested solution and use it. Keep in mind that this command doesn’t work on all servers - it depends on the MySQL setup. On some servers (shared hosting) it must be run locally

Hello,

That is actually an issue caused by PHP 5.3. Developers that work with MySQL and PHP 5.3 (without SC) have also faced the same problem. As the solution hasn’t worked for you, please get in touch with our support.

You can change those settings on a delpoyed app at the Production Environment.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Hi,
did you try

http://yourwebsite/yourproject/_lib/prod/lib/php/nm_ini_manager2.php?login

Hope that helps.

jsb