Clearing the screen after logout

Hi,

I want users to logout and after clicking logout I want my screen refreshed. My problem is that my menu stays on top while the sc_logon starts up. So after logging off I still can work with te still visible menu. I know it has to do with the cache and the session but it should be possible the clear my screen so the menu is no longer visable. I tried making a control with a JS method wich clears the screen. But that did not work. I also uses sc_logged_out([logged_user], [logged_date_login]); But this also did not work.

The menu is a wonderfull thing until you no longer need it. Please help. I’m almost there :slight_smile:

Roelof

The most easy way is to create two menu applications, one with your logon and one with the menu of your application. Then a simple sc_redir to to the logon menu will do. To overwrite your current form use _parent as director in the sc_redir.

There are different ways to do that.

you could generate 2 menues, one for login, the 2nd for working, and after the logout, you make a sc_redit to the Login menu.
Or you could set the standard application by deploying to you login-form and after logout sc_redir to the login-form again
these are the easiest ways to do that, others might be a little bit complicated

Thanks guys,

It worked indeed. But I felt a little bit puzzled to use such a complicated solution for a very simple problem. A macro to clear the menu would make developing a lot more Rad.

Greetings,

Roelof

If you want to clear the menu then you can use a macro for that, see helpfile. In general the menu is build on a security table and responds according to it. So if you logout the menu will adapt.

I was finding about it from a long time but could not get the exact result of it. Now after reading your forum i came to know the solution of this problem. Thanks for your assistance here.