compare 2 project versions

Hello

I think about outsourcing some coding , but i would like to have some control what the “external” party is doing - see all changes

is there a way to compare 2 version of a project. the steps would be

1. Increment Version (n+1)
  2. export project
  3. external coding
  4. import project
  5. compare version n & n+1

or can i do that on mysql? or any other idea?

thanks rob

Unfortunately not. We always make a list of changes as seen on new versions at applications and apply some notes if necessary. I would request something similar from your supplier. Always keep an incremental backup to be able to revert. Make good arrangements in case of dispute. But I guess you know all that.

In our case, outsourcing we do is always related to apps where other parts involved is not working. I mean.
You have a project with apps login, grid_customers, form_customers, grid_documents, form_documents and so on.
If you hire us to work over form_documents, obviously, you don’t have to work over this app while is under “our control”. You can’t compare in a easy way what we do otherwise doing manually.

Could be an interesting feature by the way, but first, is needed a complete INCREMENTAL behaviour. I mean, when you increment version, all things related to project should be saved, and right now, external libs for example are not affected by this, we rename manually.