Contract work to assist with deploying new application

Need assistance with deploying new scriptcase application(v9.4.026) to production servers(Windows Server 12 & 16). ScriptCase application will be replacing existing application developed in Alpha Five. 4 servers total. Need someone fluent in English.
Thanks. Lisa

Hi Lisa, are you just having issues setting up and Apache server on the windows box? and then deploying your apps?

Hello,

I am trying to deploy under IIS. I am not familiar with IIS or Apache. I followed all instructions I found on deploying but do not know what to do after I unzip the file C:\inetpub\wwwroot.

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Edit:
Have you gone to your server ipaddress_lib/prod/lib/php/?login
This is where you set you database connections

Honestly i am not a fan of IIS i know you can do it. But i have not done it.
i use to use other Apache servers but this is what i did to make scriptcase run the best since i host on a windows 2016 server. I did it this way so then my development was using the same environment as my production. Its Apache so there is not licenses issues since its free

I am going of memory here.

• i just installed scriptcase on the server i was going to use as the host for production - i did an advanced install basically just told to install on the c:\server instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\NetMake\v9\
  • Then it install everything. then i removed all the folders scirptcase under wwwroot
  • once that is done i created a folder under wwwroot to put all the applications in.
  • Under the domain controller i am assuming you have one here. I added @ record under DNS to forward aaaa.domain.local or aaa.domain.com pointied to the ip address of the server "i am again assuming you static ip address your server.
  • so now i was able to put in aaaa.domain.local/folder or aaa.domain.com/folder and my applications would run.
Does this help or do i need to get more in depth on the procedure. i could probably boot up a temp server and see if i missed anything..

Jason

Hi Jason, yes, I tried access the server [LEFT]ipaddress_lib/prod/lib/php/?login with no luck. I will follow your instructions and see if that helps. Thanks.[/LEFT]

Thanks Jason. I followed your instructions and was able to deploy the application on a development server with no issues. Will work on production servers next. Thanks again!

1 Like