Control Application Field Memory Storage

Dear All,

When you create a new field in a Control Application using Field|NewField menu item, is the field stored in Server Memory or in the user’s workstation memory? I created a large text field to work with in JavaScript to display in the Control Application, and want the field to be stored and manipulated in the user’s workstation memory so that server memory isn’t drawn down.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thank you,

Lyle

[QUOTE=lyleholc;21955]Dear All,

When you create a new field in a Control Application using Field|NewField menu item, is the field stored in Server Memory or in the user’s workstation memory? I created a large text field to work with in JavaScript to display in the Control Application, and want the field to be stored and manipulated in the user’s workstation memory so that server memory isn’t drawn down.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thank you,

Lyle[/QUOTE]

Every variable you create has two storages. One in the php stack and one in your javascript stack.

Hi Albert,

I’m thinking then that both get freed/cleared when the application is closed. Anyway to clear the php variable/memory in code?

Thanks so much!!

Lyle

I’m affraid you don’t have the possibility to influence the generating process. Is it a real problem? PHP will do his own garbage collection.

Thanks so much Albert. I really appreciate all your answers!!

Best,

Lyle