Convert a project by export -> import ?

Is there a way to export a project in Scriptcase 6 and then simply import it in Scriptcase 7 ?

We do not want to convert all projects just now but keep working on some with Scriptcase 6, just to be sure not to run into trouble…

The guide for the SC7 installations shows how to copy the entire SC6 to SC7 server but it does not mention single projects, as far as I have seen.

Thanks !

I know this may sound dumb

But make sure you close your browser completely
I have had the same issue before

I’ve reported this recently as a suggestion. It used to be possible to export / import but if you do from 6 to7 you get an errormessage that it is not a v5 project (…). Reported this to SC already.

I moved my project from sc6 to sc7 by a restore: Options -> Properties -> Services -> Restore. The documents folder in each application’s properties bas to be changed to the appropriate value. It worked fine for me.

I tried doing the restoring from v6 to v7 but the results is I got only 8 application restored instead of 99 applications.
I am also encountering the same error message that Aducom mentioned when you import v6 application fro v7, "scriptcase application is not developed in v7.

[QUOTE=leatheric;12678]I tried doing the restoring from v6 to v7 but the results is I got only 8 application restored instead of 99 applications.
I am also encountering the same error message that Aducom mentioned when you import v6 application fro v7, "scriptcase application is not developed in v7.[/QUOTE]

That is because you can`t import a SC 6 application on SC 7.

Please contact our support regarding the restoring issue. Our chat is active on workdays from 8:00am to 6:00pm, and our ticket system is always available.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

The ticket system is only available to users that have current support. My support expired and I now need to migrate not only from SC6 to SC7 but migrate my SC6 from a windows P.C. to an SC-7 on a MAC p.c. how can I get help with this???.

Hello,

Log out from our site and enter our support chat as a Trial User.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

Hello,

the normal way is the integrated function in V7 … convert V6 to V7.

okay… if you use the convert function in V7 all projects will be converted, but this is not a problem.
Later on at any time you can call the convert V6-V7 routine again and then SC will ask which already existing V7 projects shall be overwritten by V6 again.
So you can convert all but only work on a special project in V7 (for testing). You can still work on other projects in V6 and then convert these V6 projects later again…

This is no problem because V7 can be installed parallel to V6.
That’s the way I work …

Regards
Uwe Pfeiffer

Didn’t know that and it’s a good option. A dangerous one though. An error is easy made.

REstore one application from SC file backup.

Hi, i’m trying of restore an application, i have a file backup of 1 week ago. i just need resrore one form type grid. so i open file backup and restore to my hard disk the file .bkp
and then i select PROJECT - IMPORT APPLICATIONS and select my file. but i get an error message. attach 2 images.

import error2.JPG

import error.JPG

Hello,

Please contact our support regarding this issue. Our chat is active on workdays from 8:00am to 6:00pm (GMT -3), and our ticket system is always available.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann