Copy Project / Duplicate Project

Hi All,

Can We take a Copy of the project…?
For Example:
I have SalesAutomation project and i want to Copy as SalesAutomation_[Date] and so on.
So that the project changes day by day is availble in each of the project availble.
When i Export the project and tried to Import as new project the SC is NOT allowing to give alternate Project name…! It is asking for already project existis and you want to overwrite…! Any option is availble any where

Anyone has any idea…?

Thanks
Dhana

Re: Copy Project / Duplicate Project

I have not tried, but could you export, rename the current project to the new name and then import old project name?

Regards,
Scott.

Hi Scott,

How do we rename the Project…!

Thanks
Dhana

Stupid me … I would have thought this would be available in Project Settings.

In looking at the database, there is a field in most all the tables called Cod_Prj that contains the project name.

WARNING: THIS IS ALL UNTESTED AND DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!!! your mysql tables first.
You could write an SQL script to either rename it manually or a SQL script to insert into where Cod_prj = oldname to create new entries.

Regards,
Scott.

Hi,

I checked the sqllite db and almost all the talbes has Cod_Prj…! Too much risk invloved.! I also raised a Support ticket and they ask me to use increment version option…!

I made it as a suggestion request…! let us see what netmake does

Thanks
dhana

Hi all,
SC v5.1 have easy way out to have options to export to internal newly created projects…!

Regards
Dhana

Hello,

Unfortunately you can’t rename the project name, you can export all the application then create a new project with the new name you want and import all the application.

Regards,
Maximiliano Veras

Specifically, what are you trying to do? Create a version for you project? You can work with version in your project.

If you increase the project version, scriptcase automatically creates a copy of your project, and you can work on your new release without changing anything from the old release(only if you would like to fix a bug ini your application) …

Sometimes it is useful to copy a frame from 1 app to another. Versioning provides no help.

Regards,
Scott.

Hi all,

Now You can duplicate your Project by Export into Zip and Import with new project Name…! I always prefer to work on a Copy of the project…!

regards
Dhana

Hi All,

There are some issues in the Import / Export options…! Please refer
http://www.scriptcase.net/forum_en_us/index.php?topic=1712.msg5457#msg5457

Regards
DHana