Database Error After Deployment

I have deployed my application from my development server to a client’s host server. I created the zip file and put the files on the new server. Then, I did a database dump and restored on the client’s server. I had to name the database differently, because of restrictions on the client’s server.

When I ran the application, it took me to the Production Environment setups, in which I created the new database connection and named it the same as the development. The new connection verification was successful.

When I ran the application, I am getting the following error on my applications:

Error while accessing the database:
No database selected

Does anyone know what the problem is? Are there other configurations that need changed?

Thank you.

Re: Database Error After Deployment

Its seem that the connection is ok, but the database wasnt selected. In MySQL for example, if you set up only the user, password and ip and try to connect, mysql return the connection successfully. Edit the connection and check if the proper database is selected.

The connection has the proper database selected and the connection test passes. I still get this error in the application, though. Error while accessing the database:No database selected.

The database name was different in the development system. Is there something I need to do in the applications to tell them it is a different database? I used the same connection name.

No, only the connection name is used in the application, not the database name. But if you change the connection name, you must “recompile” the application(s) und create a new deployment.

Check this: on the clients host server run the Production Environment (http://…/YourApp/_lib) and check the connection name and database again. Check also the name of the database server; if the server name is “localhost” change it to the server name and vice versa.

I get a connection error with any hostname other than localhost. I tried the IP address and server hostname.

I have no other idea, but you’re welcome to give me connection data (via PM) so I can look into it. But remember that you do not know me …

After much investigation by RHS, he discovered the problem was the MySQL version. Our old server was on MySQL 4 and when we ported it to MySQL 5, the problem was resolved.