Date Grouping does not sort correctly

I have posted this issue to the Grids/Reports forum but received no responses. I also logged a bug report through the Scriptcase website a week ago but still haven’t heard anything back. I apologise in advance if this isn’t a bug and is just my lack of knowledge of Scriptcase.

I have an MSSQL table that includes a datetime field that is output to Scriptcase. The information contained is from the last 14 days and is very simple, the query is sorted by date and outputs correctly in the detail grid starting at the oldest date first.

I then create a Group under “Group By” with the “YYYYMMDD” rule.When I output the result as a summary or as a chart the date order then becomes incorrect, for example at the moment it is showing 1/05 onward and then continuing from 22/04 where it should be starting from 22/04 onward. It appears to be ordering alphabetically/numerically and not by date.

This is occurring in any application where I am summarising data by day. I’m hoping I’ve just missed an option somewhere that someone can point me to but for now I’m going to assume it’s a bug. This is a real problem for me at the moment, I’m generating a lot of line charts to show trends which are useless due to the incorrect sorting and it has becoming quite urgent that I resolve this.

I’d appreciate any assistance or suggestions.

Seems to be a bug

Hello,

Issue reported to our bugs team.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

hi bartho, any luck in this, i am stuck in this as well, also appears in sc8, nothing new or fix

Hello,

I will contact our bugs team asking for the current bug status.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann

any update for the last 9 days about asking the current bug status?

Tengo el mismo problema, la agrupación por semanas no se ordena adecuadamente.