Dear netmake - how long would it take to fix this ?

I reported this problem when I bought SC (and it was v5), so it is over 3 years. So far it hasn’t been fixed and it is extremely anoying!
I remember the moderator of this forum stated it was reported to the BugFixing Team !

Dear NETMAKE - please take care of that or pay me for doing things manually which I should not be doing.

Here is the problem:

1 .Create an App with any type of SELECT field.
2. Goto the database, change the structure (ie. size of that field)
3. Open a DICTIONARY, run update (from dB to Dictionary, then from Dictionary to the App)
4. Go back to your App.

wow,… al settings for your selection field are gone !
IF I have a table with 30 Selection fields they would be gone as well, and I have to change each one manually.
When I have made a changes to several tables… it would take me a whole day to check/bring back the selection field to the right state !!!
This has happen to me several times and it simply drives me nuts !!!

WHEN THIS WILL BE FIXED ???

Arthur

Have you tried the following?

• when you sync your application before syncing: uncheck all checkboxes and then check label?

Then execute.

When I used CLARION I’ve had a simple checkbox (Freeze). When checked the dictionary changes have fad no effect on that field. Something like this is needed in SC.
No I haven’t trieid you suggestion yet but I suspect this will not update what’s needed. For example if I changed the column size from CHR(10) to CHR(20) and the fields is SELECT type, when I run sync I will either loose the SELECT type or will not update the column size.

Arthur

Hello,

I will verify the issue with our bugs team.

regards,
Bernhard Bernsmann