Deploy to Shared Server

Has anyone deployed their SC app to a shared server, like hostmonster’s $4.95/mo server?

I have a very small SC 7.1 php 5.4 site that I want to host somewhere besides my dedicated server if possible.

Hi

I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work! as long as it has PHP/MYSQL (or whatever DBMS you are using) and file space + traffic!

That should not be a problem. But it depends too on the php / apache configuration. I’ve seen tinyMCE failing on a provider once and also got a lot of other problems on a provider with slow servers. So in general it should not be a problem, but sometimes you run into problems.

asawyer, let us know if you run into any issues :slight_smile:

It seems to be working on my hostmonster.com shared server, except for pdf file creation which I know is a version issue with the 3rd party app. I have to search for this on the forum and then I should hopefully be set.

thanks asawyer13 for your reply
actually i have the pdf working in development, but never worked on production, don’t know why, it says: contact your administratior
but i marked this issue as less priority for now/for me… i have other stuff more priorities for now
i am sure there is a solution for that, keep looking and track your error message

i chatted with shared host provider
they told me they couldn’t turn on ‘sudo’ kinda root command which is required by SC
http://www.scriptcase.net/install-scriptcase/?show_tutorial=true&so=2&inst=1&conv=3&ln=en

could anyone clarify this? meaning we couldn’t install the development tool in shared host?
also, please share if someone aware any provider able to install SC correctly. (not just deploy the site created by SC)

Thanks a lots~

hi weilies,

i would recommend not to go through all that
simply, create new database in your shared hosting, and upload the zip version of sc to it, then try to install it from there using regular installation steps, not the one you posted above…
all you need in this case to have your hosting enable the zendloader/zendguard so it will decrypt the sc files properly, this can be done from their side to enable only the zendloader I’m sure they know what does it mean…

that is my opinion, because i don’t see other reason why is not being installed on a server that have php/mysql enabled… regardless to shared hosting, dedicated or vps!

[QUOTE=itsme3;24835]hi weilies,

i would recommend not to go through all that
simply, create new database in your shared hosting, and upload the zip version of sc to it, then try to install it from there using regular installation steps, not the one you posted above…
all you need in this case to have your hosting enable the zendloader/zendguard so it will decrypt the sc files properly, this can be done from their side to enable only the zendloader I’m sure they know what does it mean…

that is my opinion, because i don’t see other reason why is not being installed on a server that have php/mysql enabled… regardless to shared hosting, dedicated or vps![/QUOTE]

I can confirm that. I have a lot of SC apps running ‘in the wild’ and I always could run the applications without trouble. All the necessary zend stuff is in the deployment file and if you deploy you don’t need to install additional software. So if you have a hoster who supports php/mysql then you should be able to run your sc applications. If not… move to another hoster.

i still get the zendguard error :frowning: cant even load my homepage

hi kunjan, this was long time back, update your version