Deploy to subdirectory of /ROOT

My web /ROOT (along with associated other directories) is already populated with general corporate identity pages. My SC Project deploy strategy is to deploy my SC apps in a separate subdirectory (under the /ROOT); however, am concerned that the SC development environment folder/file construct expects each/all applications to be one layer down from /ROOT.

If I understand it correctly, each application in a project is hosted in an application folder directly under the root. So, if a project had 3 applications, there would be 3 folders created when deployed under the /ROOT folder on the website.

I would like deployment as /ROOT/MyProject/MyApp(s) but am concerned that folder and file referencing in the Development Environment (and code created to match the Dev environment) will not match the folder/file hierarchy on the production server.

Shouldn’t Development Environment folders be setup in SC to match planned deployment?and how done in the SC IDE?

Any lessons learned? :confused:

If you generate the source code, then you can simply place it where you want it. So if you want to put it like 3 dirs down, it should basically still work fine. There is no really 100% reason that it should be in the root. I am deploying by hand tho, meaning I choose which directory I deploy my files in.
So bacically you get a myapp.zip if you have generated your code. Just move it to your server to where ever you want, e.g. /ROOT/MyProject/SomeName and you should have the /ROOT/MyProject/SomeName/_lib and /ROOT/MyProject/SomeName/form_myform etc… in there…

As you indicated - worked fine deployed in a directory below the root. Thanks. HOWEVER, I was not impressed with the deployment package. For only 1 grid app and 1 associated form app, the upload was nearly 5,000 files, with the majority of the files, images, etc. not used/required or called by by the 2 apps. --> I’m now thinking I must have missed something. There should be no reason to deploy such things as the TinyMice HTML editor, etc. (I think I even saw some *.exe’s–WUWT) up to the production server.

One of the things on the wishlistis is to be able to select which libs are used and thus needs to upload. That way you only upload the needed files. But currently it just upload the full lib. But you can delete what’s not used.

:wink: Albert - Like the idea of being able to determine & upload only needed/used files. If there is a forum area for users to enter vote or prioritize the wish list - could you point at it? I want to throw a vote on that wish for sure.

There’s a suggestionlist in this forum. Mr. Bartho will ‘send this to the dev team’. But you’lll never know what they are going to do with it.

But still … /dev/nul