Deployment Zip File wrong format or corrupt file

I have tried to deploy one of the SC sample applications on our IIS Web Server to test the IIS Webserver enviroment (PHP version etc.). To create the zip file over the deploy functions works fine without any failure. The test applications runs also on my development PC without any problems. But when I trie to open the zip file to copy the files on the IIS webserver sites folder I have got the message that the zip file has a wrong format or is corrupt. So what is going wrong. Which zip file packer does Scriptcase use and why I don’t get an error message through the process of deployment?

IIS Server Version 8.0
Windows Server 2012
PHP Version: 5.3.28

Database Server: SQL Server 2012

Development PC where the zip file is created runs under Windows 7 Professional SP1 and Scriptcase 8

Could be a matter of access rights. How did you unzip? I in general use remote desktop, upload the zip and then unzip it. Never got issues. We’re running on W2012 server.

Deployment Zip File wrong format or corrupt file - not a right problem

It’s not a matter of rights. I’m system admin on both systems (my local and the web-server). There is no difference unpacking from my PC or direct over remote desktop on the web-server. I have testet with a zip file created on my pc and unpacked on the web-server and had no problems.

The question is, which zip software scriptcase is using?

I had the same issue in the past when deploying projects, i downloaded the zip files through the web browser and some files got corrupted, from now on I download the zip files generated by scriptcase with a download manager(like IDM, etc.) and had no problem so far, maybe you could try

Thanks, that’s it. I have copied the zip-file direct from the tmp -folder of scriptcase per copy command to the web server folder and it works. Really amazing that a simple download can damage a file.

I found this as I recall I once had this too years ago:
This problem may occur if HTTP compression is turned on in the Web Sites properties of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) on the SharePoint virtual server. When you download a .ZIP file, IIS encodes the file as GZIP. However, the browser client passes the file directly to the unZIP program, without GZIP decoding the file.

To determine if HTTP compression is turned on, follow these steps:
Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
Expand the server (local computer) tree, where server (local computer) is the name of your IIS server.
Right-click Web Sites, and then click Properties.
Click the Service tab to view the HTTP compression properties.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/841120

For IIS it is the same issue

Maybe this helps…